American Horror Story ?6

Iceheart

Well, then.

Now we get to play two games to keep us occupied until next week...

Who is playing the "real" ghosts, and who's going to be the last one standing by ep 9?

Twitter is pretty unanimous that Jessica Lange will be back as the real Butcher. Seems obvious. Also no confirmation, but as if anyone is going to blow THAT surprise, obvious as it is.

Taissa Farminga is confirmed as back, and I'd put money on her playing the real Witch. Apparently it's been confirmed that that character is the original Coven Supreme.

Supposedly Finn Wittrock is playing "the most fucked up character of all time." It would be logical to have him play Edward Mott. But Granddaddy Mott didn't seem too fucked up in the dramatic reenactment, we've certainly seen more fucked up on this show. So, either their quick jaunt through the secret art tunnels wasn't enough to tell Matt and Shelby just how fucked up he is, or they're not going with the logical casting choice. Maybe he's Pigman?

As for who's going to not die...

Real Shelby has Final Girl written all over her. Real Lee is resourceful enough that she's a major contender, but since we already saw Dead Husband, she'll probably get picked off by him. Real Matt might be spared by The Witch, since she seems to have a thing for him. The actors will be the first to die. I'll bet Sydney will go out there for some reason and get picked off, too.

The question I have... the nurses - they looked awfully moldered. Ghosts in this show look just like they did at death. If the one nurse was drawn and quartered, how does she still have limbs as a ghost, if the burn victims are all crispy for eternity (yes, that could be the inconsistency of a third-party telling, or a fabrication of the tv show)? And why do they look decayed? Decay typically happens after death, not before or during.

This is kind of out there but what if the nurses are part of the 'tv scares' and it was just made to look like he was murdered? He could leave and go back to Hollywood and be the one that survives.

Wow, that theory of mine really sounds like I smoked something before typing it. But it's always a possibility with this show.

Honestly this is the best season ever.

My knee-jerk reaction was "but what about Matt seeing the R appear?" but they did rig the house with all kinds of things...

Seems an unnecessarily cruel trick to play on a bride, unless she was collaborating to get him out of his contract with the show and into the Brad Pitt flick.

Guest El Chalupacabra

No matter how crappy AHS may get, you can never deny the actors are having the time of their life when making it.

I hear their sets are full of very happy people.

I'm a season behind, and just starting the Hotel season, but really the only season I've had a problem with was the witch season (AKA the X-men mansion wannabe season). But even then, if you went by individual characters, it was still OK. Just didn't like the story, especially the second half of the season.

Coven fell apart. It was the first misstep by them. Freak Show just wasn't as interesting. Those are the only two seasons I finished out of a sense of duty. As flawed as season 1 was, it was still fun. Two, Five and Six have all been great in my opinion.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Coven fell apart. It was the first misstep by them. Freak Show just wasn't as interesting. Those are the only two seasons I finished out of a sense of duty. As flawed as season 1 was, it was still fun. Two, Five and Six have all been great in my opinion.

Actually, I liked Freak Show for the most part. The only thing I had an issue was at some points, it seemed like there were filler scenes. If the whole season trimmed the filler, maybe slimming done the season as a whole by an episode, pacing might have been better.

I think season 2 is still my favorite so far, but like I said, I haven't seen Hotel yet.

Actually, I liked Freak Show for the most part. The only thing I had an issue was at some points, it seemed like there were filler scenes. If the whole season trimmed the filler, maybe slimming done the season as a whole by an episode, pacing might have been better.

Every single season of the show would have been improved by removing at least one or two episodes from the season, especially since FX kept allowing them to run episodes well over the hour time slot for some of the seasons. I am so glad that they have been keeping them to shorter episodes this year.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Asylum told a more cogent story, but Hotel had the best characters.

I'm about 4 episodes in. I don't know about that, but I'm digging the season 5 Hotel soundtrack.

I finally caught up last night.

I WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT HOLY S*IT.

There goes that theory about Evan Peters' character.

There goes my prediction that Matt will be the sole survivor, too. Possibly also Shelby, I imagine the Witch will be out for her head.

I predict Lee will be last one standing now. Despite her current circumstances. Ol' Granny Cannibal knows how to dismember people correctly, and Lee is the most level headed and resourceful person left.

Speaking of I DO NOT LIKE THE CANNIBALISM SUBPLOT. EW.

Speaking of EW, this went viral this morning - There will be a Murder House/Coven crossover season.

I finally caught up last night.

I WAS NOT EXPECTING THAT HOLY S*IT.

There goes that theory about Evan Peters' character.

There goes my prediction that Matt will be the sole survivor, too.

That was my prediction, too! I thought he would end up being saved by the witch after everyone else was killed. I guess she's not that tough to get scared away by Shelby.

I predict Lee will be last one standing now. Despite her current circumstances. Ol' Granny Cannibal knows how to dismember people correctly, and Lee is the most level headed and resourceful person left.

I was thinking she was already dead but we know the Polks like to keep them alive as long as possible...*barf*...so she could be. There are only 5 left now (or 4, if Lee is a goner). She does seem like the one who would make it out of the 5.

Speaking of I DO NOT LIKE THE CANNIBALISM SUBPLOT. EW.

Me, neither. O_O

Speaking of EW, this went viral this morning - There will be a Murder House/Coven crossover season.

That could be...interesting? I think I would rather see a Hotel/Coven crossover, they could go to find out what happened to Queenie.

Okay, so... after all that "Finn Wittrock is playing the most f-ed up character of all time" stuff, I was expecting... I dunno, something other than a neglected hillbilly? I felt sorry for his character. Although, we all took "f-ed up" to mean super extreme... and a sensitive kid who just happened to be raised by cannibals is a pretty f-ed up premise.

That being said, being the descendant of Piggy Man, I'm still pretty sure he's also playing the real Piggy Man.

Who I don't fully understand why he's in the house, if he went to Chicago?

So far, the show has stayed very true to ghosts being tied to the place where they died. Which means Matt, Shelby, and Dominic get to cohabitate for the rest of eternity. So... did the Piggy Man come home for a visit? Why/how did he die in the Roanoke house? What do you bet they don't answer any of this in the remaining two episodes?

Anyway, my money is still on Lee being the sole survivor. Murderer or not (no wonder she wants those videos!).

I watched the most recent 2 episodes yesterday and I am BORED TO TEARS with this. Now that the "actors" and the "real people" are hanging together, I can't keep them straight. I also found myself wishing Kathy Bates would hack them all to death at once. I can't stomach this amount of over-acting. It was 2 episodes of nothing but grainy, Blair-Witch shots that didn't show anything, roller-coaster camera "work" (CAN NOBODY HOLD ****ing STILL WHILE SHOOTING ANYMORE?) and actors screaming at the top of their lungs. This is horror?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.