American Horror Story ?6

Iceheart

Boom! Called it! Lee is the sole survivor.

Anyway... Hotel was obviously horror, and multiple genres at that.

This is obviously multiple genre horror, too. But neither seasons scared me. Nothing from this show has truly scared me. But it's entertaining. For the most part.

Gotta say, the Roanoke payoff was kinda meh. Despite the pretty gruesome finale, I had a hard time mustering much sympathy or care for anyone involved. Adding the Blair Witch kids seemed like a weird way to shoehorn Taissa Farminga in and not much else.

AHS is generally too camp to be authentically scary, but it has a lot of great creepy imagery throughout the seasons, even the bad ones. Plus, the same way I don't think Kevin James is funny, but others do, there's plenty of light horror fans who are probably scared silly by AHS.

TOURISTS.

Speking of camp, why so long for more Scream Queens?

Yeah, this week's ep is the season finale. But I was talking about the finale of the "Three Days in Hell" arc. Now that I re-read what I wrote that was awfully ambiguous, sorry.

AHS is generally too camp to be authentically scary, but it has a lot of great creepy imagery throughout the seasons, even the bad ones. Plus, the same way I don't think Kevin James is funny, but others do, there's plenty of light horror fans who are probably scared silly by AHS.

TOURISTS.

Speking of camp, why so long for more Scream Queens?

lol, you can find those tourists live-tweeting every week.

I'm not a Scream Queens fan so I just kind of assumed that it had been back for awhile already? Especially since they promo'ed the heck out of it on the morning news about a month ago now. Weird.

I was kinda underwhelmed at the ending. Episode 9 was a bit over the top, especially the first person perspective disemboweling. Eeuugh! 10 was a nice enough wrap up but it felt like not a lot happened other than to have a character from season 2 show up and tie up Lee's story. Overall the season was okay but I thought they killed everyone off too fast on the second trip to the house and there was no real resolution to it all.

This was definitely one of my favorite seasons of the show. Limiting the run times of the episodes and the episode count helped keep the season in much better focus. I also think that the format helped curb the series' usual excesses. I am glad I stuck with the show to watch this season of it.

Yeah, I definitely don't hate it as much as most people seem to.

Episode 10, though... I kinda feel like they were too ambitious with that episode. Too many different things going on.

And how the hell did Flora get from LA to NC all by herself? Lana said she went missing an hour before Lee's interview. I assumed that was Lot's doing, but he was clearly killed in the studio an hour after she went missing, and Lee said that it had been two weeks since her disappearance between that and her return to the house. And they said that Flora had been in the NC woods with Priscilla for those two weeks. I assume an Amber Alert was issued, seeing as how this was a kid who had been kidnapped a few times before, and is the child of a known kidnapper and confessed murderer. How could a kid go through airport security by herself with no one noticing? That's the only way I could see her spending two full weeks in the woods considering she started out on the opposite end of the country.

Also, why do the ghosts of Roanoke look grody? No other ghosts on this show look decrepit. I could see old, ratty clothes, they probably did look that ratty considering these are colonists making do with what they brought over. But Priscilla looked like she had been done up for an amateur haunted house, with those ridiculous panda eyes.

That was the ending? Can somebody tell me WTF happened because the last 3 episodes I have just been lost. I don't know who is supposed to be an actor and who is supposed to be a regular person any more. Why did they have each actor play multiple roles? Who was the journalist supposed to be? Were the actors supposed to be cheesy and overacting? What did Priscilla have to do with anything? What happened to the butcher? Was anyone charged with a crime? How did Flora get to the house? Why was Lee there when the TV crew showed up and why did we have to watch so many TV shows?

Why did they have each actor play multiple roles?

I think it was just Sarah Paulson who did, right? The rest were the actors playing the real people. It seemed kinda obvious who was who during the return to the house, at least to me. :shrug:

Who was the journalist supposed to be?

Lana Winters? She was a survivor from season 2.

Were the actors supposed to be cheesy and overacting?

Probably during the re-enactment scenes, not so sure about the rest.

What did Priscilla have to do with anything?

She was one of the ghosts? I guess even ghost kids need company. :|

What happened to the butcher?

Still butcherin', going by the finale! ;D We did see her briefly in this one and her congregation was, uhmm...congregating on the police at the end.

Was anyone charged with a crime?

Well, Lee was, but she was acquitted. I don't think there was anyone left to charge after she died.

How did Flora get to the house?

Uhmm...Speed Force?

Why was Lee there when the TV crew showed up and why did we have to watch so many TV shows?

I guessed she just got there at the same time they were filming their show...and like, why did that old guy who played the psychic go there with them? Everyone knows what happened to the actors who returned!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.