DNC Party in Philly!

Ms. Spam

I'd run through a damn brick wall for Joe Biden.

And not for Hillary? She is THE most qualified candidate ever to run for president. I give Obama credit for giving that line without a smartass look on his face. But then he was using himself as a basis so.....

I actually think Obama will be remembered kindly when the history books are written. I honestly wouldn't want to be president. It seems like a fantastical job where you're blamed for everything. I may not have cared for some of his policies but at least his speeches are well said and have a touch of funny and still has a few stingers.

As for comparing conventions I think it's interesting contrast. A lot of calculation went into this DNC while the RNC one was not as well thought out for getting more people to vote and come into the fold. Since I'm posting on a phone I don't feel like posting as much but there is some nice touches that happened during the DNC in Philly that are working better than the RNC. Compare Cruz's speech to Bernie's - minus Bernie's nutty followers Bernie towed the party line while Cruz and by extension some old time GOP like the Bush's, Romney and so forth who chose not to come showed cracks.

I came out of this thinking of all the what if's last night. I mean a Biden Bernie ticket!?

Conventions are typically not designed to get people to come into the fold, they're to get the base to unite, especially after the primary. Trump may not have managed that well, but he'll do better than people expect right now. Clinton made a pretty major misstep regarding the Bernie situation, which didn't help her in terms of uniting the base.

And not for Hillary? She is THE most qualified candidate ever to run for president. I give Obama credit for giving that line without a smartass look on his face. But then he was using himself as a basis so.....

Oh come on. Her credentials are pretty much unassailable.

Conventions are typically not designed to get people to come into the fold, they're to get the base to unite, especially after the primary. Trump may not have managed that well, but he'll do better than people expect right now. Clinton made a pretty major misstep regarding the Bernie situation, which didn't help her in terms of uniting the base.

Last night's speeches were aimed directly at the middle of the electorate. The Dems are confident they'll get "their people" in line. No fewer than five of the major speeches so far have made reference to the fact that the Dems are welcoming the moderates, and that the GOP that nominated Trump is not the Party of Lincoln. That's their goal right now.

I've weighed my options and whether I vote for Gary Johnson or for Hillary will depend on where the polling in Indiana stands close to election day. I'm ecstatic I get to cast a vote for Evan Bayh in the senate race though. Our governor's race is a shit show - even without Pence.

I'm not talking her vs Trump.

I'm not talking her vs Trump.

well, what are you talking about, then?

Funny thing is I am not a Clinton fan but I will be voting for her simply because even if Hillary is a liar she's still got an idea of what is happening in the world and is better able to deal with it. Trump has no clue and wants to treat this like a television program. We don't need that. The world is scary right now and someone who's been dealing with heads of state, worked with the previous administration and won't cause further fracturing and rancor on the world stage sounds way better than a dude who wants to build a wall and bill Mexico, screw with China, and make people in NATO pay more when the EU is clearly having some issues sounds like a guy who's not quite aware of the way the world works. While Hillary is not my ideal candidate I'd say she causes me less anxiety when I think of her being president.

I was almost right there with you for a while. I can't vote for her though. She is a proven liar, she is irresponsible, and she gets credit for simply having a long list of titles while doing nothing but build her empire with them. Those aren't qualifications in my mind. Honesty and trustworthiness are important qualifications to me, I'm not sure she ever had them.

Probably a write-in this time.

I think you are underestimating Hillary. She has actually done things you know. Just not things you agree with. Or know about. We are just overwhelmed with the endless, and I mean endless, Benghazi and email things. Two dead horses that just need to be let go of just like a Bernie supporter needs to realize - hey, dude, its over. The FBI was hacked, medical records are hacked and Target was hacked and the same stupid people that go on about Hillary's server probably access their bank accounts on a public wi-fi on their phones and post overly personal things on Facebook and look shocked when fraud happens.

The best thing Obama said in his speech was "Don't boo, vote!" because we need to do something about Congress. President Obama's done more than Congress in his years in office. This comes from someone who if you go through a bunch of old Spam posts thought the Tea Party was great when they first started but now I think they're dumber than a rock and less useful. You want something done in America, vote a Tea Party person out of Congress. I'm supporting whoever runs for Cruz's spot in Congress because that's one guy I don't want.

I know dozens of people with security clearances. Not a one of them call it a dead horse. My first day at Idaho National Laboratory we were instructed "do not plug your personal phone or any other electronic device into a computer on our network. Doing so will result in the loss of your clearance and termination because of the possibility that classified data could be compromised".

If I had done what she did I would have spent at least 3 years in jail. It is also obvious to anyone with a brain that the entire email scandal results from her attempt to evade oversight.

Eh, she'll just get a presidential pardon when Obama leaves office if she doesn't win. I too have DoD friends and family in the military. Plus I live in military city so this is a phrase I hear a lot. I can get fired for doing stuff too. Hillary was pretty upfront about her request for a private server when she was asked to be Sec State if I recall as she had a list of things she wanted, for instance she wanted certain persons on her staff too. So you wanna be mad you get mad at the administration who allowed it. But she's gone from that job now and lesson learned. It's like screaming at the horses after the barn door was left open. Of her transgressions this is the least one that bothers me.

Does it matter if she's the most qualified or one of the most qualified? Like I said, I think her credentials are unassailable and stack up well against anyone.

I am by no means a Clinton fan, but to deny that is crazy.

On the heels of what could(should) have been a criminal incident, that type of hyperbole is silly.

There was actually a comment that pissed me off more than that one. Kareem insinuating that Trump thought all black people look alike. It's stupid comments like that that hurt our cause more than help it. The DNC is not the time for a black joke. Especially not one as old and unoriginal as that one. And he wonders why people have all but forgotten about him.

The absurdity that she is the most qualified person ever to be nominated for president. And this coming from a man who despises her, but same party so they must play nice.

well-let's do this, if you want be all semantic.

Where would you rank her in the qualification scale amongst anyone ever? Amongst this year's candidates? Amongst any Democrats ever?

What-in your opinion does make a person qualified? Or what DIS qualifies?

It's not an issue of semantics. Look Hillary has been a public servant of some form since before I was born. So in terms of qualifications, she has enough on her resume to qualify herself. Kinds makes her a career politician even though a lot of her years were spent as first lady of Arkansas and of the US. The issue is that Obama would use those words, when he himself told democrats 8 years ago that Hillary's experience(which she used as her calling card back then) was a reason for "Change" in Washington. That kind of hypocrisy happens all the time, it's just people don't have the attention span to remember. The man doesn't believe what he said. He knows as well as most of us that his political view and Hillary's are different. But he will toe the line to keep a Democrat in office.

It's not an issue of semantics. Look Hillary has been a public servant of some form since before I was born. So in terms of qualifications, she has enough on her resume to qualify herself. Kinds makes her a career politician even though a lot of her years were spent as first lady of Arkansas and of the US. The issue is that Obama would use those words, when he himself told democrats 8 years ago that Hillary's experience(which she used as her calling card back then) was a reason for "Change" in Washington. That kind of hypocrisy happens all the time, it's just people don't have the attention span to remember. The man doesn't believe what he said. He knows as well as most of us that his political view and Hillary's are different. But he will toe the line to keep a Democrat in office.

Which is one of the more interesting takeaways of the 2016 campaign: Obama will do anything to get Hillary elected, but on the Republican side, the most high profile among them, including their last two presidents and the 2008 nominee refuse to support Trump, and contrary to the media script, its not limited to Trump's "anti-establishment" stand.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.