Who else is playing Pokemon Go?

Cashmere

• 2 months later...

I turned it on for the first time in awhile today while I was taking a walk around campus. It seems like even the students have given up on it mostly because there were no lures out that I could see despite it being a really nice afternoon outside. To be fair, they could have just been studying for midterms, but I kind of doubt that was the case.

• 4 months later...

I'm level 13 now. I've walked 10 miles this weekend. I started it back up again because this new health program the school carries requires I do certain things to get points to a premium discount next year. Walking and logging the time and amount of steps is one of the point options I have with them. I was bored at a stop light waiting to cross during one of my points walks and opened the app on Tuesday and bam, I'm more sucked in now than before when the game rolled out. It's still a little glitchy but I was at the mail and lures were going off there on Saturday.

My Pokedex is still pretty small. Now I get a message my bag is full and I'm thinking I need to transfer some Pokemon. I may also need to visit the gym - in more ways than one!

I've been trying to understand some parts of the game this weekend. I gave up using online maps because they're not accurate but I found out my town has changed a lot in less than a year because of love the trax pictures of nearby Pokemon are of places that don't exist any more!

i made the mistake of evolving some Pokemon today that didn't need it. Just wanted to try it.

• 1 month later...

I realize because of Pokemon I need a rewards based exercise system. I don't know how many kilometers I've walked as I have to charge my phone but man, I walk and walk and walk. I've lost 20 pounds and have some tone in my calves! I just wish my eggs would stop hatching Ekans and Togepis. GIMME A RARE ONE!

I get really frustrated with Dittos. They eat up my balls (HAHAHAHA!) and I don't have many Pokestops near my house. My neighbor plays and we've got a nest that spawns in our pool area so we hoover up a lot of Hoothoots and Pidgies and Mukrows.

• 4 weeks later...

I saved up my coins and bought an 8 pack during the Easter event. I usually only buy incubators, but I decided I need the XP help. I save up a million Pokemon and evolve them all with a lucky egg rolling for tons of XP. During some events you can get 4x as much with a lucky egg.

• 2 weeks later...

Since you can only claim coins once per day, it makes most sense to take 3 or 4 gyms and then claim coins. I have had Pokemon stay in gyms for 8 to 10 days sometimes if I take the time to level up already powerful gyms.

I made it to level 30 and evolved a Steelix on Friday, so I'm excited for future gym battles. That max revive item opens a whole new world.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.