Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Who else is playing Pokemon Go?

89 replies to this topic

Tex

Tex

• 0 posts
Any chance this will lead people into ongoing traffic? Or over a cliff?

If this is what it takes to get fat people to move the I hope it moves them all the way.

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,775 posts

Cashmere

Cashmere

puppy mama

• Reading Winner Rd 1
  • 7,265 posts
This game seems to be dropping off in popularity around here. I'm still playing faithfully, but i don't see many others out and about. Anyone else still playing?

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,775 posts

I turned it on for the first time in awhile today while I was taking a walk around campus.  It seems like even the students have given up on it mostly because there were no lures out that I could see despite it being a really nice afternoon outside.  To be fair, they could have just been studying for midterms, but I kind of doubt that was the case.

Iceheart

Iceheart

No.

• Moderators
  • 20,476 posts

Our zoo has been hosting regular lure parties. They lure (I MADE A FUNNY) some 2-8k players each time.

At $7 a pop, I expect to see a whole lot of new exhibits and animals next year.

Cashmere

Cashmere

puppy mama

• Reading Winner Rd 1
  • 7,265 posts
That's a pretty great idea!

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,389 posts

I'm level 13 now. I've walked 10 miles this weekend. I started it back up again because this new health program the school carries requires I do certain things to get points to a premium discount next year. Walking and logging the time and amount of steps is one of the point options I have with them. I was bored at a stop light waiting to cross during one of my points walks and opened the app on Tuesday and bam, I'm more sucked in now than before when the game rolled out. It's still a little glitchy but I was at the mail and lures were going off there on Saturday.

My Pokedex is still pretty small. Now I get a message my bag is full and I'm thinking I need to transfer some Pokemon. I may also need to visit the gym - in more ways than one!

Cashmere

Cashmere

puppy mama

• Reading Winner Rd 1
  • 7,265 posts
I've been playing daily since it came out. I don't spend money though, so the leveling is going slowly. I'm level 27.
  • Ms. Spam +1 this

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,389 posts

I've been trying to understand some parts of the game this weekend. I gave up using online maps because they're not accurate but I found out my town has changed a lot in less than a year because of love the trax pictures of nearby Pokemon are of places that don't exist any more!

i made the mistake of evolving some Pokemon today that didn't need it. Just wanted to try it.

Cashmere

Cashmere

puppy mama

• Reading Winner Rd 1
  • 7,265 posts
Evolving is a great way to get XP to level up. I catch and evolve as many as I can. Just don't waste stardust powering up your squishy guys. Save it for the big guys.

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,389 posts

Level 25. XP doubles until April 20. I'm a super hatcher and walker and I am walking with my Dratini! My Pokedex is at 183.

David

David

LOOK ALIVE

• 14,795 posts
Level 31, 210 Pokémon caught, 223 seen.
  • Ms. Spam +1 this

Cashmere

Cashmere

puppy mama

• Reading Winner Rd 1
  • 7,265 posts
Level 28. 188 caught, 212 seen.

I love hatching eggs. I have hatched 208 eggs over 506 kilometers.
  • Ms. Spam +1 this

Copper

Copper

I am groot

• 12,595 posts

I'm level 24. 174 caught, 186 seen. 

my fiance and I stopped playing for about six months and started playing again last month. It's way more fun now that it's not glitchy as hell and there are new pokemon! 

• Ms. Spam +1 this

Cashmere

Cashmere

puppy mama

• Reading Winner Rd 1
  • 7,265 posts
I'm still having fun with it, especially since spring is here. It was painful to play in subzero temperatures, but that didn't stop me. I'm glad you're enjoying it too!

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,389 posts

I realize because of Pokemon I need a rewards based exercise system. I don't know how many kilometers I've walked as I have to charge my phone but man, I walk and walk and walk. I've lost 20 pounds and have some tone in my calves! I just wish my eggs would stop hatching Ekans and Togepis. GIMME A RARE ONE!

I get really frustrated with Dittos. They eat up my balls (HAHAHAHA!) and I don't have many Pokestops near my house. My neighbor plays and we've got a nest that spawns in our pool area so we hoover up a lot of Hoothoots and Pidgies and Mukrows.

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,389 posts

Finally level 28!

Cashmere

Cashmere

puppy mama

• Reading Winner Rd 1
  • 7,265 posts
Woo! I'm working on level 30, but it's a massive amount of XP when you get up in levels. A couple more weeks or a few lucky eggs will get me there.

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,789 posts
They should come out with Pokemon Stay.

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,389 posts

I haven't gotten a lucky egg since level 21. 

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,775 posts

They should come out with Pokemon Stay.

A.k.a. every main Pokemon game I've played since Red/Blue/Yellow.

Cashmere

Cashmere

puppy mama

• Reading Winner Rd 1
  • 7,265 posts
I saved up my coins and bought an 8 pack during the Easter event. I usually only buy incubators, but I decided I need the XP help. I save up a million Pokemon and evolve them all with a lucky egg rolling for tons of XP. During some events you can get 4x as much with a lucky egg.

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,389 posts

I've only managed to get 10 Pokecoins for free from putting my dude's in gyms. :(

Cashmere

Cashmere

puppy mama

• Reading Winner Rd 1
  • 7,265 posts
Since you can only claim coins once per day, it makes most sense to take 3 or 4 gyms and then claim coins. I have had Pokemon stay in gyms for 8 to 10 days sometimes if I take the time to level up already powerful gyms.

I made it to level 30 and evolved a Steelix on Friday, so I'm excited for future gym battles. That max revive item opens a whole new world.

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,389 posts

WOW! I had a good run this week. I got up to 60 coins now. It's adventure week so four times the candy for walking buddies. Finally at 29.

Reply to this topic