Who else is playing Pokemon Go?

Cashmere

Anyone liking the changes to the gyms? Spotted any themes yet? I've been trying to an all Evee with the evolutions in gyms but then some jerk comes along and ruins it by putting in some stupid Blissy.

I am halfway through level 31 and have 222 Pokemon's in my deck and seen 229.

I was rudely asked to leave a church parking lot over Pokemon Go but the weirdest thing was I wasn't playing the game. I was lost on the way to someone's house and was going to reset my directions in my gps because I typed in the wrong address. The guy didn't believe me and told me if I drove my car in the lot again he'd call the cops. Jesus hates Pokemon Go.

I'm not sure if I love the new gyms, but I do like not having to remember to collect my coins. I'd like to try new raid battles more, but they are almost never active when I'm available. They obviously aren't designed for people with full time jobs.

I often pull into church parking lots to play and nobody has ever said anything. That is crazy that you were chased off. Obviously not a very welcoming place. I would contact the church office and let them know they need to post a no trespassing sign so that people know not to pull in. I don't think posting a person there to harass random strangers is the best idea.

I only like to buy incubators and bag/storage upgrades. If I need Pokeballs, I spin pokestops. And I always have a couple dozen passed out Pokemon in need of potions because I just can't spin enough stops to heal them all.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a smartphone, so I downloaded it. I work downtown, so I had ample opportunity to get to level 8 today. Still don't really get it, though

The Anniversary Event helped me to get to level 33 in 5 days. I have not participated in any raids or legendary raids yet. However new Pokestops and gyms opened over night. My favorite walking park has a new gym and two stops that were added. I went to Padre Island National Seashore to go to a baby sea turtle release and got TWO Herocrosses! I have tons of Corsolas and Tauros that I caught and have seen a Kangaskhan. I loved the walking bonus during the Anniversary event. It helped me hatch as well as evolve a lot of rare Pokemon.

I have a gym about 50 yards from the entrance to my work, and Pokestops everywhere. Like probably 20+ in a half mile radius. Which is pretty cool, but it doesn't really get me to get more exercise, since trying to get to 10k steps and getting the buzz on my Fitbit is already my "game".

As for buddies and eggs, I know those words but not in the context of Pokemon. Enlighten me?

If you click on your face on the bottom left, you can pick a Pokemon to be your buddy. When you walk, you earn candy of your buddy's type.

For the eggs, click on the Pokeball then select Pokemon. Scroll to the eggs tab and you can put them into incubators. Walk 2k to hatch a green one, 5k to hatch a yellow one, or 10k to hatch a purple one. You also get bonus candy when you hatch an egg. These two mechanics make the walking fun for me. I have walked over 850k and hatched over 300 eggs.

Pokemon Go has been more of a motivator than my fitbit to exercise. I love hatching the eggs because you don't know what you're going to get when they finally hatch. There is an element of surprise that helps me. I have only hatched 210 eggs and walked 724.2K. I think the biggest thing that puts people off Pokemon Go for keeping up for exercise is it's all in kilometers. American's don't like that.

I've been learning about my Pokemon's fighting stats (IVs) and that's been kind of interesting as I'd been ignorant of this for a while.

Brando, for your buddy there's some neat kind of tweaks too. I think Evee sits on your shoulder while you're walking once you are back at the game screen and have selected your buddy. If you walk 10K with your Evee and evolve it in the day it becomes a Espeon and if you evolve it at night you get an Umbreon. I kinda steered away from doing buddy walking for too long so I don't have as many hatched eggs or kilometers like Cash does. I googled a lot to learn about the game.

I also have three Pikachu's - one regular one, one birthday party one with a party hat and one with Ash's hat.

There are so many gyms and pokestops around my work that I think I'm going to stop playing because it's costing me steps rather than encouraging more.

It's pretty ridiculous. If I did it around my neighborhood, that'd be different. But lunch is my main free time, just for me. And I can't walk 20 feet without my phone buzzing that there's a Pokemon nearby.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Sweet deal! I have one shiny pikachu from the last event and one shiny dratini from this most recent one. I wish I had a good one to evolve all the way up through, but I'm just glad I got one. I had guests that weekend, so I could only sneak out to the park for an hour.

• 2 weeks later...

I have 400 Dratini candy from that event still. I have a shiney of each of those evolutions and a regular one because I played for four hours that Saturday.

Shiney Swablu's and super rare shiney pickachu are hard for me to get as the picachu event happened while I was teaching.

Still at level 36 but the extra XPs from this past week helped.

• 3 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.