Who else is playing Pokemon Go?

Cashmere

I'm doing this thing through my health insurance where I earn money for my co-pays by completing daily walking challenges. Anyway, my brother asked me to Pokémon hunt with him last night, and while he caught Pokémon, I earned a dollar and burned about 2000 calories.

I may have to start playing for myself now.

My phone memory is maxed out, so no more apps for me until I figure out how to clean it out or get more storage.

We have one drive at work and I lost so many work files to it that I don't trust cloud storage any more... But I suppose I could move my 2000 pictures to my computer, at least. Then maybe.

Meanwhile, I love that a shelter in IN started saying "Rent a dog to walk while you play Pokeman Go" and so many people walked dogs, they made enough money to waive adoption fees. Then so many people fell in love with the doggies that they just took them home forever and the place emptied out. How cool is THAT?

This game is proof that the machines are winning. Sure they could wipe us out with a nuclear strike Terminator style, but Pokeman Go makes it quite apparent they're content to just make fun of us.

My phone memory is maxed out, so no more apps for me until I figure out how to clean it out or get more storage.

We have one drive at work and I lost so many work files to it that I don't trust cloud storage any more... But I suppose I could move my 2000 pictures to my computer, at least. Then maybe.

Meanwhile, I love that a shelter in IN started saying "Rent a dog to walk while you play Pokeman Go" and so many people walked dogs, they made enough money to waive adoption fees. Then so many people fell in love with the doggies that they just took them home forever and the place emptied out. How cool is THAT?

That is so heartwarming!

I love to see kids and parents playing together, and I do a lot during my walks. I saw a kid in the park yesterday that had to be about 3 and he just kept throwing a stuffed pokeball at his mom while she sat on a bench between two pokestops and called him over when a pokemon showed up.

The other night I was in the park with my brother and a van drove by blasting the pokemon theme song from the show. It was awesome!

For an application that has so many issues, I should really not like the game, but it has some redeeming qualities. I play it with one of the kids. We have a pretty nice nature preserve near me that we 'hunt' in. Fighting together in Gyms is actually the best part for me. Father and daughter taking on the world ... today the boat dock ... tomorrow Applebees!

I was playing earlier this evening and heard a kid by a pokestop with a lure screaming excitedly about a Chansey. That was nice to see by itself, but I'll be damned if I didn't react a bit of the same way inside when the Chansey showed up for me, too.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.