Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Denial, creationists and a monument to Noah.

27 replies to this topic

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,604 posts
The number of Christian denominations that actually teach that every aspect of the Bible are literally true is pretty small. They're just loud.

Most Christian denominations, especially ones with true intellectual backgrounds, understand that the Bible is actually a collection of books, written over a long period of time in a variety of styles. Certain books are epic, others are allegory, others are history, others are apocalyptic. The people who believe it to all be the same, at the heart, don't understand the basic concept of literature.
  • Destiny Skywalker, Darth Krawlie and Driver +1 this

Odine

Odine

• Supporters
  • 2,482 posts
Sure, I get that. Only someone's gone and built a replica ark that cost one hundred million or some such figure.

Poe Dameron

Poe Dameron

• 2,485 posts

Built to the bibles specifications by the Amish!

Sold!

Honestly, that does sound pretty cool.  I'm not about to make a vacation out of it, but I've killed days looking at less interesting tourist bait.

Reply to this topic