Roman Reigns

Tex

I really feel bad for the guy. He's clearly not the top guy, yet that's the way he's pushed. He's better off as a tough guy cleaner in a tag team.

What we're seeing now is the power that social media can have on a guy that's in over his head. Roman looks just as bored with the current product as we are and twitter let's him know it.

Of course wresting has been dead for a long time. In the old days you needed a guy on top who could sell tickets, but now the top guy is about attracting TV viewers. This, I believe, is the fundamental flaw in Vince's logic. Yes, you can conquer TV wrestling if you have a star player, and yes you can put your competition out of business in the process, but what do you do when you run out of stars?

When Vince Sr created the WWWF he wanted Buddy Rogers, a proven talent, to be his guy. When he had a stroke/heart attack/didn't wanna do it anymore whatever he was forced to build the whole thing around a mid card muscle head. To his surprise, and mine (have you ever watched a Bruno match? Ain't good) it took off and they've followed the same business model ever since.

All of is falls on Roman. He doesn't totally suck, he only sucks because he's the top guy. Now that he's been forced upon us he's more like Roman Ruined.

Yeah no doubt. I was shocked to hear that Rollins beat him clean, but after he was suspended it was obviously a way of punishing him. I'm sure they'll give him the belt back, but hopefully this will be the end of him being the top face.

Even before the suspension, there was big talk of Vince getting bored with his push and considering nixing it. Before news of the suspension broke, it was hard to surmise if the rumors were true about his push or if this was simply Rollins getting back what he never lost and resuming his push. Then Dean cashed in and...well, so it wasn't about Rollins after all.

Ambrose endured getting depushed, not being chosen as the turncoat heel or the monster face, had possibly the best feud of 2014 with Rollins that summer, taking several clean losses, carrying Roman's WrestleMania feud with Triple H for him most of the way, and still managed to stay over. He deserves holding the title much more than Roman. There hasn't been a full-time face this over with the fans anywhere near the title since Daniel Bryan, so good for him. Sucks for Roman, but it's mostly managements fault.

You know something doesn't sit well with me as far as Ambrose is concerned. He's clearly better than Roman, but I just don't see him as the top guy . I hope it works out for him, because they don't have too many options. Don't be surprised if someone gets a push out of nowhere to become the new top face. I wouldn't be surprised if they pull the trigger on Big E.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.