What do you want to see in Episode 8

Driver

I never liked that Anakin got to be restored to being young and hot after a life of evil, and yet Obi-Wan the truest Jedi ever was stuck being perpetual old forever. I get the idea Lucas had, but it created more questions than it answered.

I've always been an advocate for just replacing Shaw with Christensen altogether and then giving him a little bit of age makeup for the Force Ghost shot. Even before the Prequels, Anakin being played by an actor in his late-70s didn't make much sense. Even crediting him 15 years, he'd still have been in his 40s when he fathered Luke and Leia and became Darth Vader.

They were probably skittish about replacing him in what was a rather memorable scene. Oddly, Lucas probably got cold feet on this because of previous backlashes. But it definitely would have done a better job of tying to the two Trilogies together than just plopping Christensen into the ghost scene and creating all those questions.

At the least, it should have been all-in or not touched at all. The halfway compromise of only replacing him as a ghost was just a bad idea.

That's because you're overwhelmed with the entirety of what is less important. If Han Solo had been played by Kermit the Frog, that would've been of less import than the ghosts being right.

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/muppet/images/f/fd/Marleyandmarley.jpg

hehehe I have that effect on people

seriously, though, continuity with the force ghosts is one of the biggest issues for this trilogy

I actually am having a hard time coming up with something that is less of an issue that continuity of ghosts.

LET ME HELP!

- Leia having memories of Padme

- Obi-Wan not remembering R2D2

- Obi-Wan knowing Anakin as a great pilot when they first met

There's lots of them... http://nightly.net/topic/232-continuity-problems-with-original-trilogy/

hehehe I have that effect on people

seriously, though, continuity with the force ghosts is one of the biggest issues for this trilogy

I actually am having a hard time coming up with something that is less of an issue that continuity of ghosts.

LET ME HELP!

- Leia having memories of Padme

- Obi-Wan not remembering R2D2

- Obi-Wan knowing Anakin as a great pilot when they first met

There's lots of them... http://nightly.net/topic/232-continuity-problems-with-original-trilogy/

Although I'd say that those are all incredibly small issues, I'd put continuity of ghosts below all of them.

I thought I already posted in this... huh... anyway...

A plot with at least some level of complexity
A film that isn't just a rehash of Empire - a Film that takes some storytelling risks and tries to give us a Star Wars movie we haven't already seen.

A film that actually shows us things instead of hinting at off-screen "mysteries"
An explanation of character's motivations

That's basically it.

• 3 weeks later...

Force ghost Anakin should have no arms, no legs, and charred skin. :puke:

The Origin of Snoke is a non issue for me. Don't get why theories are everywhere

It's (kind of) an issue because:

1). All old school Sith and Jedi are supposed to be dead and he just pops out of nowhere all force-trained and ready to rule the galaxy

2). It's fun to speculate

I think he's just a brand new dude, but if he's going to be someone we've heard of already, Plagieus makes the most sense to me...except that it serves no purpose to be him. So it's probably just a new dude.

I've decided that it is Darth Maul. The guy is obviously immortal, and he was on the Death Start when it blew up (both times!). That's why he doesn't have his horns and why he has the scars.

His name is just Maul now.

Force ghost Anakin should have no arms, no legs, and charred skin. :puke:

The Origin of Snoke is a non issue for me. Don't get why theories are everywhere

It's (kind of) an issue because:
1). All old school Sith and Jedi are supposed to be dead and he just pops out of nowhere all force-trained and ready to rule the galaxy
2). It's fun to speculate

I think he's just a brand new dude, but if he's going to be someone we've heard of already, Plagieus makes the most sense to me...except that it serves no purpose to be him. So it's probably just a new dude.

For the sake of speculating, Id say Mace Windu could still be alive. He could've been hiding as well and outlived Obi-wan and Yoda.

To that, I'll say there could be sith running around we don't know about. However, Snoke doesn't even have to be a sith and I'm pressure sure they said he's not. (EDIT: Or maybe I just read that here)

Why cant some dark side force user just weasel his way into power after Palpatine dying? He's ready to rule the galaxy, but does he?

Maybe he's just popping out of nowhere for the audience. Maybe he's a household name for the republic, the way Han Solo talks about him.

Maybe its like Trump, for so long they just knew Snoke for his wealth and his celebrity, until one day when the Emperor is taken down he decides hes going to replace him as the leader, and a lotta people see it as a weasel/dick move?

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.