What are the most quoted movie lines in your house?

Cerina

Our house is usually chock full of Star Wars quotes, but it seems to have gotten worse since TFA premiered last year (which also coincided with our decision to name the baby Luke.) So right now you hear a lot of the following around here:

"No. No. The one I'm pointing to." So useful when you have kids.

"Droid, please!" Good for so many things.

"Move, ball." Also useful when you have kids.

"That's not how the force works!" Usually as a counter to some version of "use the force" which is also heard a lot.

And, naturally, "Luke, I am your father." Which we know isn't an exact quote but come on! And it's usually followed up with "no! That's impossible!" because we think we're funny.

We're also seriously considering making "don't let the muggles get you down" our family motto.

And since my husband and I started our own handyman business amongst all the obvious wood, caulk, and nailed jokes we've been pretty fond of "Hammer needs a slot, Christine!"

I probably quote The Big Lebowski more than any other movie. I frequently use "(insert whatever here) is not the preferred nomenclature", "Far out", and the number one spot goes to...

TV wise, probably Flight on the Concords. My dog's name is Murray so I have frequent quotes from this guy...

And not to sound like a dick

Has that phrase ever not preceded a dickish statement?

The new business has also inspired a few 12% comments.

And nearly anytime our kid interrupts a conversation to find out what we're talking about we respond with "tell him about the Twinkie" because it annoys him.

I probably quote The Big Lebowski more than any other movie. I frequently use "(insert whatever here) is not the preferred nomenclature", "Far out", and the number one spot goes to...

TV wise, probably Flight on the Concords. My dog's name is Murray so I have frequent quotes from this guy...

I also like using big Lebowski quotes. Same number 01 choice as you. Although I also like using "...obviously not a golfer" when someone picks an object and asks "what's this?"

I know I have more of these but I have forgotten where they came from. For ever I usually say "ahhh, are you sure?" when somebody says something painfully obvious. Only recently recalled that I got that from David Spade in Tommy Boy. (the clip on tie)

I use "STAY ON TARGET" occasionally, and only where I have an audience who is familiar enough with star wars to get it.

"it's goona need a paint job and a shit-load of screen doors!" when something gets destroyed. (die hard)

My cousin Vinny is loaded with useable one-liners.

"are you suuuuuuure???? (I'm positive.) How can you be so sure??"

"Do I get my ass kicked or collect two-hundred dollars?"

"maybe it's time for some thicker glasses? Have they always been that thick??"

"perhaps the laws of physics cease to exist on YOUR STOVE!"

"I- *clap!* -Dentical!"

Oh, we're definitely a Deadwood household, so you'll periodically hear stuff like

"fuck all of you, I wish I was a ****ing tree."

"Wu. Swaygin. Hang dai."

"Do not repeat back to me in different ****ing words what I have already said."

"San Fransisco cock-sucka!!!"

"You got seven kinds of cock-breath."

"All right. You've had your fit of temper, now get the fuck back to your room."

Guest El Chalupacabra

"Don't touch it, it's evil!"

"That'll do pig. That'll do."

"You can tell me, I'm a doctor."

" You know what he called you? He called you a little piece of chicken!"

"I lost {fill in the blank} over Macho Grande."

"Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit amphetamines (or sniffing glue, or whatever)"

"Shut the F*** up Donnie!"

"Nobody F***s with the Jesus!" Whenever the topic of religion comes up.

One says: "Whatchya got in the Trunk?", the other replies "Oh, you don't want to look in there."

When asked what I need: "just {fill in the blank} and that's all I need. "

"Die you random sonofabitch!"

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.