New Power Rangers Movie

RamonAtila

Boob Armor.

And also Rita Repulsa wants to be Alien Poison Ivy SO BAD.

That's what I know about it, thanks innarwebs.

... I'll probably end up seeing it for nostalga's sake, much like I generally have no interest in the Michael Bay TMNT stuff but I'll probably see the new one for Krang and Casey Jones. I don't expect to like it per se, just... kind of want to see what they do with it.

Saban knows their demo. When that uber-Gritty fan film came out last year they denounced it politely as possible. But at the same time, the reaction helped the movie get greenlit because at this stage you have adults who grew up on Rangers that have kids who are current fans. It's actually multi generational now like Star Trek or Star Wars.

I am a bit too old to have ever been a hardcore fan, but my little brother LOVED the original series and he's 31 now.

Of course I should-- It's part of my job to know what the landscape is currently, and looking ahead a few years. Reading scripts that are being made or selling now says what the movies will be in then next few years-- based on that, I try to think ahead to what it will be after that. Staying timely, relevant, and producing what studios want is a huge part of my job, and actually the hardest.

Are you asking me for a copy?

Of course I should-- It's part of my job to know what the landscape is currently, and looking ahead a few years. Reading scripts that are being made or selling now says what the movies will be in then next few years-- based on that, I try to think ahead to what it will be after that. Staying timely, relevant, and producing what studios want is a huge part of my job, and actually the hardest.

Leave it to life to make even cool seeming jobs suck the soul out of you.

Leave it to life to make even cool seeming jobs suck the soul out of you.

Frankly, that's a sentiment that couldn't be further from the mark and sounds kinda cranky and bitter. I am beyond lucky, I know it, and my soul couldn't be happier to have had the chance to get as far as I have.

This will probably sound super douchey, but that's kind of a conscious choice I had to make. I was so enamored by the magic of movies that I wanted to make them-- that means being behind the camera, knowing the tricks, and and most importantly, knowing the business of it.

I don't have access to EVERYTHING, but I see/read things early pretty often, and it hasn't killed my love for movies in the slightest. Reading a script ahead of time isn't much different from being a super spoiler junkie. The finished product and final script can still be very different animals. A script isn't going to have the director's vision or the character performances to fill it out. An average script, can be a great movie-- and vice versa.

Sitting in an office with a job I hate making just enough money for the weekend-- THAT sounds far more soul sucking to me.

Think you're going a bit beyond what I meant, which was just basically that I wouldn't want to watch the Power Rangers movie if someone dropped off tickets to see the premier and a 1st class ticket to fly there, I'd be looking for a polite way to decline the invitation as there's no way in hell I'd ever take the time to ever watch it. Never mind bothering with a screenplay of the movie. And if I did read it for work, then it'd be work. Not the worst kind of work mind you, but work all the same.

I get that being an insider doesn't detract in and of itself. Not quite the same, but the most fun I have creatively is in editing/beta reading. There's a whole extra level when I'm reading with an eye for improvement, mistakes, characterization, and even broad structure. Personally, I'm not all that enamored with movie magic so much, much preferring novels and television. I think movies are just usually too big (yet short) and the process skews towards a fairly boring and forgettable product in most cases. Very rarely do I watch a movie and really think that they nailed it no matter how technically good it is. Though I would make an exception for animation (traditional cel). That's process has always fascinated me. Sadly, I can't draw.

Think you're going a bit beyond what I meant, which was just basically that I wouldn't want to watch the Power Rangers movie if someone dropped off tickets to see the premier and a 1st class ticket to fly there, I'd be looking for a polite way to decline the invitation as there's no way in hell I'd ever take the time to ever watch it. Never mind bothering with a screenplay of the movie. And if I did read it for work, then it'd be work. Not the worst kind of work mind you, but work all the same.

I get that being an insider doesn't detract in and of itself. Not quite the same, but the most fun I have creatively is in editing/beta reading. There's a whole extra level when I'm reading with an eye for improvement, mistakes, characterization, and even broad structure. Personally, I'm not all that enamored with movie magic so much, much preferring novels and television. I think movies are just usually too big (yet short) and the process skews towards a fairly boring and forgettable product in most cases. Very rarely do I watch a movie and really think that they nailed it no matter how technically good it is. Though I would make an exception for animation (traditional cel). That's process has always fascinated me. Sadly, I can't draw.

To be honest, I read the first 15 pages and skimmed the rest. :)

ah i dont need no stinkin thinkpieces

for thrusts to the heart boob armor is pretty much like guaranteed death to the wearer even forgetting for a moment about the other 70 percent of the body that typically isnt covered at all

i find it more annoying than arousing sadly

though if it can be rationalized as parade armor i might allow for some unguilty gazing

I watched plenty of Power Rangers as a kid. I was never a megafan or anything, but I was there for re-runs on weekdays and new episodes on weekends. I can't really figure out with the problem is with these news costumes or Rita's outfit. They look fine. I'm not exactly sure what the fanbase wants....tights? Rita's crazy horn-headdress turban thing?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.