Watching Again in a New Order with the Small Child

Stevil

• 5 months later...

Glad to have this thread! My kid is the reason I'm back here.

So he is 5 and a half and a huge star wars fan. That's all he talks about all day long. Birthdays and Christmas presents are all Lego Star Wars set, he buys his monthly Lego Star Wars magazine religiously and plays the Lego games on the tablet or PS3 whenever we allow him.

He knows the story from TPM to TFA really well and some clone wars too. Of course, I am to blame as I answered his many questions each time and he remembers everything. Now, the fun thing in all that is he has never seen the movies cause I always thought he was too young.

So what's your opinion? 5.5 too young or not? He gets scared quite easily and I'm thinking some stuff might shock him like the burned skeletons of Owen and Beru in ANH or the state Anakin is in at the end of the duel on Mustafar.

It went OK for us. My little one wasn't scared but she did have questions. I just kept the explanations simple and we moved on.

You will know if you're son is ready though. ANH is the worst. Especially the first hour. You have beru and Owen, soldiers being strangled, arm getting chopped off, interrogation droid etc. Yet it has a lower certificate than TFA.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.