State-Sponsored Discrimination

Marc DuQuesne

For all the bluster I haven seen a single report of a transgendered person doing anything illegal in a public restroom. I can think of at least 3 conservative white male seemingly straight politicians off the top of my head.

Transgender suicide rate is 41% compared to the average of 4.6%

http://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/wp-content/uploads/AFSP-Williams-Suicide-Report-Final.pdf

No mental health issues here.

I thought Trump killed the PC movement months ago. Denying self evident facts because they don't fit your political agenda isn't supposed to be the "cool" thing anymore.

http://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/wp-content/uploads/AFSP-Williams-Suicide-Report-Final.pdf

Er... I brought up the higher suicide/self-harm rate myself. Who is denying it?

But going by that logic, White and Native Americans clearly suffer from mental health issues, given that they commit suicide at twice or more the rate than other racial or ethnic groups. Why are white people broken?

And oh man, don't get me started on the elderly. Just ****ing crazy, those.

Er... I brought up the higher suicide/self-harm rate myself. Who is denying it?

But going by that logic, White and Native Americans clearly suffer from mental health issues, given that they commit suicide at twice or more the rate than other racial or ethnic groups. Why are white people broken?

And oh man, don't get me started on the elderly. Just ****ing crazy, those.

Not sure why white people are broken, but twice the average is a long way from 10x.

Of course old people are crazy, who wants to be ****ing old anyway. Maybe that's why white people commit suicide more often, they know better...

I try not to. Pretty sure it melts the brain, and I am allergic to social media.

Don't be a quitter. Stick to your guns. Shoo! Go ride a bike or something. Just don't go to any public restrooms lest you rape some small child.

This topic is a perfect example of manufacturing a problem where none truly exists. I've never put THIS much thought where I should pee or poo, if the picture on the door matches me, I use it. It doesn't need a penis on it or a vagina slit carved into it for further clarification. Do you think it's discrimination? Use whichever. Nobody cares. You aren't going to go to jail for simply being in there to relieve yourself.

This topic is a perfect example of manufacturing a problem where none truly exists. I've never put THIS much thought where I should pee or poo, if the picture on the door matches me, I use it. It doesn't need a penis on it or a vagina slit carved into it for further clarification. Do you think it's discrimination? Use whichever. Nobody cares. You aren't going to go to jail for simply being in there to relieve yourself.

Apparently sometimes the sign on the door makes you kill yourself. The problem is there. It isn't my problem, but it exists.

A subset of people are shunned, persecuted, hated, and oppressed. Can't imagine why they would be depressed or feel like they couldn't deal with the world.

Statistics from above link, suicide attempt rates, respondents say because they are transgender there life is

Much improved = 39% suicide attempt rate

Same = 31%

Much worse =56%

So yes, discrimination definitely increases the rate of suicide attempt. It does, however, appear that support has the same (if much lesser) effect.

post-43313-0-27623500-1463107057_thumb.jpg

You should look up some other articles. Ones about causation vs correlation and how to properly interpret data.

I'm out because not only are you trolling, you're not even good at it. As evidenced by this:

Apparently sometimes the sign on the door makes you kill yourself. The problem is there. It isn't my problem, but it exists.

So, what pisses my off about this whole bathroom fuss, and the reason I bothered starting a thread about it, is that I think people in the "social media" age get way to focused on the one part of the issue they care about and ignore the rest. The liberal political activists and SJWs love transgender issues and trot them out any chance possible because as soon as the thought "chicks with dicks" enters an old stuffy Republican's mind he go's running for his bible muttering about Satan. They come off looking like just what they are in a lot of cases, bigots.

But using every possible issue that comes up to make the GOP look bad may not be doing any favors for the people they are claiming to crusade for. Denying that there is a mental health issue involved and refusing to look at the issue objectively is no better than running to your bible. I agree there is a discrimination factor involved and that it needs to be fought, but not at the cost of harming the victim.

It should also be obvious that the medical insurance companies definitely don't want transgenderism to be considered a metal illness. Imagine all the malpractice suits. Like selling a schizophrenic a $50,000 dollar tin foil scalp replacement.

And yes, the idea that any pedophile out there can follow my 10 year old daughter into the girls bathroom at Target and claim he "identifies" as a woman does piss right the hell off. So I guess I'm out off the closet as a rational human.

Well I'm sure the bathroom bouncers will also be checking sex offender registries while checking birth certificates and genitalia at the door. Thank God we're going to have those now. All these years of no bathroom monitors has resulted in some serious skirting of the law.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.