State-Sponsored Discrimination

Marc DuQuesne

A schizophrenic believes he is POTUS. The only place he can possibly sleep comfortably is in his own (Obama's) bed and being barred from it causes him great emotional pain.

Is it discrimination for Secret Service to stop him? Does anyone care if it is?

Hoped it was headed for discussion. At least smoke and ruin would be something.

I am not trying to be rude or dismissive, but if you want to have a discussion, it is helpful not to speak in riddles and/or appear that you are setting people up for a trap.

I mean, can you give exactly who the Justice Department wants us to discriminate against? From your posts, I assume it is schizophrenic people? Who is the schizophrenic person in Obama's bed? Some homeless guy? Is this a Michelle Obama joke?

I am genuinely curious and willing to have a discussion, but do not have enough information at this time.

EDIT: OK, it's about TG bathroom stuff. Now we are getting somewhere :)

Re: discrimination.

Even if you consider transgenderism a serious mental illness, it differs from schizophrenia in a very key way. Untreated, the delusions of schizophrenia can lead to destructive behavior, violence, even death. To be clear, this is not the inevitable or even most likely outcome, and it needs to be noted that a good portion of the violence is actually abuse perpetrated on people suffering from schizophrenia. But from a position of human welfare and public safety, I would agree that it is in society's interest to look after our schizophrenic friends and neighbors, our schizophrenic yous and mes. With that in mind, there may be jobs or responsibilities where schizophrenia should be a disqualifier.

On the other hand, I have seen nothing indicating people with gender dysphoria are unusually prone to harming others compared to the general population (though there is a correlation with suicide/self harm), so the only possible reasons for discriminating against that group of people are: fear of the unknown, being grossed out at the idea of women who were born with weiners (seems to be less fear of women transitioning into men), being overly prude/modest, backward religious beliefs (i.e. being Christian or Muslim), or just needing somebody outside of your in-group to hate on. There are no reasonable welfare or safety considerations that come with allowing a transgender person to use the same bathroom as you. Some bullshit fear-based speculation, sure, but nothing honest or compelling.

:shrug:

No, I want evidence beyond an article on an uber right website that no one has seen. Just because he's published other papers that doesn't mean this idea has merit.

Where is its peer review? Every minority has spent it's time being judged by science as somehow broken. From black people to homosexuals. One outlier opinion isn't the basis of a real argument.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.