Alden Ehrenreich to Play Han Solo

TuskenRaider

Jedi Rocks is just in the foreground way too much and literally screaming through the fourth wall in places. It's not really about song A versus song B (but I hate Jedi Rocks) or puppets v CGI; it's about completely changing the construction of that scene and making was what mostly an ambient / background element the main focus.

Yeah, I suppose I agree with that. I do like the additional non-CGI characters the 1997 scene introduced, however. If someone could edit the scene so they stay in it but the singers screaming at the camera, that'd be great. (Maybe also add Mara Jade disguised as the dancer Arica, but that may just be me fan-wanking.)

I actually think it would be cool if Han wasn't the one to complete the Kessel Run. For one he never states it was him who did it. And two it works for the character.

Han always seemed like the kind of guy who acted like he thought he was the coolest guy in the Galaxy but deep down he kinda knew he wasn't, which is why he acted like it in the first place.

"I don't know where you get your delusions, laser brain."

Guest Robin

I agree that Han defends that run and the Falcon because he piloted it, not just because the Falcon did it. Han is a classic gear head / pirate combo, those people boast about their own accomplishments and tweaks. The other option just makes Han all poserish.

So something occurred to me earlier whilst listening to a radio ad for Solo. A UK radio station is running a competition involving winning money and tickets to see it, and at the end of the ad is what clearly sounds like an R2 scream, and I thought to myself, but he won't be in this one, will he? And thinking about it, with their cameo in Rogue One, will Solo be the first Star Wars movie NOT to feature the droids? Or, if they do appear, how on earth will they work it if not by flash-back/forward?

Guest Robin

If the droids being in each film is important, then just cameo them. Han or any other character could push past a group and Threepio is there and says, How rude. Done.

I agree that Han defends that run and the Falcon because he piloted it, not just because the Falcon did it. Han is a classic gear head / pirate combo, those people boast about their own accomplishments and tweaks. The other option just makes Han all poserish.

Im with Choc on this one. Han is much better as a con man than he is as a hero, after all.

Plus it makes his relationship with the Falcon more interesting. The ship is so good it can hide the flaws of its pilot.

Guest Robin

Im NOT trying to say anyone is wrong. My thought was just two fold; what his character appeared to be based on and also that Han (along with Luke and Leia) have already had their happy endings ripped from them so I dunno maybe we can let Han still be a badass gear head pilot and not make him into a poser.

Edit: keyword was not typed, fixed, capitalized. Freudian perhaps. Ill think on it.

Im NOT trying to say anyone is wrong. My thought was just two fold; what his character appeared to be based on and also that Han (along with Luke and Leia) have already had their happy endings ripped from them so I dunno maybe we can let Han still be a badass gear head pilot and not make him into a poser.

Edit: keyword was not typed, fixed, capitalized. Freudian perhaps. Ill think on it.

Doesn’t fit his character to be a bad ass. He’s ultimately a coward who only found strength when it was his last option.

I wouldn't go as far as call him a coward. A coward wouldn't have flown the Falcon back towards the Death Star to cover Luke's run (as much as we know that was Chewie that persuaded him and actually flew the ship), a coward wouldn't have stuck around with the Rebels who were desperate enough to set up a base on an ice planet, and a coward wouldn't have volunteered to lead the strike team on to the forest moon of Endor.

Yeah, I agree. He found the strength when it mattered. What’s great about the first Star Wars is that they establish what a dick he was but in crunch time he’s the guy. He came through in the end.

But that was just a small part of his life. Most of it was spent being a spinster. That’s what makes him such a relatable character. Shit ton of flaws with a heart of gold.

Perhaps. Maybe just avarice and cynicism. I just see him running from a fight as opposed to being a gung ho tough guy.

I think the endearing part of his character is that hes such a regular person in such a strange world/ galaxy.

Perhaps. Maybe just avarice and cynicism. I just see him running from a fight as opposed to being a gung ho tough guy.

I think the endearing part of his character is that hes such a regular person in such a strange world/ galaxy.

You do remember Han charging the stormtroopers on the Death Star, right? The same Han that went head-to-head with a Star Destroyer? And the same Han that didn't try to run when he was put in carbonite, just took it and looked Leia dead in the eye as he was flash-frozen? And the same Han that fought Jabba's goons whilst half-blind and still suffering from the effects of being frozen in carbonite? And the same Han that stepped on to a catwalk and confronted his estranged son in front of dozens of First Order stormtroopers, knowing he couldn't hide from them? You can't accuse him of the kind of person that runs away when he literally does the exact opposite multiple times.

Face it. All Han Solo ever did was run away. Outside of the end of Star Wars One all he did was run from the bad guys.

The one time he stepped to anyone it was to his emo kid and he got gutsabered.

Face it. All Han Solo ever did was run away. Outside of the end of Star Wars One all he did was run from the bad guys.

The one time he stepped to anyone it was to his emo kid and he got gutsabered.

Han should get credit for going on the mission to Endor. Plus, I give him credit for this...

Nice throw. :D

On the Solo premiere red carpet event, Lawrence and Jonathan Kasdan were interviewed and Jonathan said they took all the best stuff from previous books and movies and made a story based on all that. Nice. Does it make EU defenders feel good knowing the writer admitted to lifting stuff from the EU or mad that Disney decanonized the EU just to pilfer it?

As much as I love the EU, some of it is God-awful, and such a bloody mess that this was a really good opportunity to restart it and keep everything far more coherent than it was. It's just sad that the new EU is following a similar pattern of some great books followed by some bloody awful rubbish I'd rather not have known existed.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.