Alden Ehrenreich to Play Han Solo

TuskenRaider

Yeah I gotta admit that looks pretty damn good.

Still not sold on the casting choice for Han, but whatever. Loved the opening shot of rats scurrying along the wires in the scummy city. Here's hoping the story is as good as the film looks.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Yeah I gotta admit that looks pretty damn good.

Still not sold on the casting choice for Han, but whatever. Loved the opening shot of rats scurrying along the wires in the scummy city. Here's hoping the story is as good as the film looks.

Pretty much sums up how I feel, too. Not big on the Han casting choice, but based on the trailer, everyone or everything around Han looks interesting. And fun! I may get past AE as Han, especially if this is a one-off film, though. Not completely sold on Donald Glover as Lando either but that can change (great actor, just not sold as Lando....yet), based only on the trailer and teasers.

The actor that sells the film for me is Woody Harrelson.

I'm sure AE will do fine. He's not Harrison Ford and shouldn't be trying to do an impression. He should be trying to get the nuances of the character though and I think he mostly does (from what we've seen). It just feels like one little piece is missing.

Like if I was coaching him, I would have suggested 'yadda yadda, cool, arrogant, hint of little-boy-in-over-his-head-being-covered-by-machismo...' but the one subtle ingredient that seems to be missing that Harrison brought to the performance is 'do all that stuff, and I mean really do it, but always with the thought in the back of your mind that you're kind of embarrassed to be in this movie'.

I wonder if the internet had existed back in the early 90s if people would be this butt hurt over River Phoenix and Sean Patrick Flanney as a young Indy.

Given that whenever I bring it up, people don't seem especially receptive to recasting Indy now, after four other actors have played him, that seems likely.

Though Spielberg's trial balloon of turning the series into Indiana "Jane" has me crossing my arms and closing my mind with a resounding "Nein!" and generally just hoping that he's trolling the internets.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.