Alden Ehrenreich to Play Han Solo

TuskenRaider

Im pretty sure they will, they can bring the two together again under some circumstance where they are forced to work together but Lando still doesn't like him or forgiven him for screwing him over in this movie.

I can't remember the line from Empire exactly, but if they are at all concerned that Lando might still be holding a grudge, that would suggest that it was the last time they saw each other. If they had worked together since, Han would have a pretty good idea, wouldn't he?

Im pretty sure they will, they can bring the two together again under some circumstance where they are forced to work together but Lando still doesn't like him or forgiven him for screwing him over in this movie.

I can't remember the line from Empire exactly, but if they are at all concerned that Lando might still be holding a grudge, that would suggest that it was the last time they saw each other. If they had worked together since, Han would have a pretty good idea, wouldn't he?

No

1-Han screws Lando

2-Lando mad at Han

3-They are forced to work together despite Lando still being mad at Han

4-Alot of time passes

5-They meet again, Han hoping Lando has finally forgiven him

They should tell the best story they can in the one film they have, and not save stuff for later films that may never be made.

It's true, this Star Wars thing may not pan out.

I believe the general consensus is that it really hasn't panned out. We just argue over what year it went to crap (1980? 1983? 1999? 2015?)

Id rather Han and Lando stay bros in this one. I dont need to see any betrayal and maybe not even the Falcon changing hands (though Im sure well at least see that in this movie). Keeping those as mysterious we-dont-know-exactly-what-happened would be way cooler to me than keeping the Kessell Run a mystery.

Yeah, I'm not sure the rest of the world thinks of the Kessel Run as something that mysterious. We have to remember the film isn't aimed at Star Wars fans that post on a SW-centric messageboard regularly for almost two decades.

The irony is that only "Star Wars fans that post on a SW-centric messageboard regularly for almost two decades" know what the Kessel Run refers to. If I walk into my work tomorrow and start talking about the Kessel Run, only like two people will know what the hell I'm talking about.

I always felt Han and Lando had a long history. If they sell me that Han made the Kessel run, met Chewie, became a smuggler, and Han won the Falcon from Lando all in a few days, and the next time the see each other is ESB and the grudge Chewie reminds Han of is said loss of Falcon... I’m going to be annoyed.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Yeah, I'm not sure the rest of the world thinks of the Kessel Run as something that mysterious. We have to remember the film isn't aimed at Star Wars fans that post on a SW-centric messageboard regularly for almost two decades.

Well, perhaps Pulp Fiction is not the best analogy I could have used, but what I do mean is canonically speaking, we know very little about the Kessel Run, itself. It basically is just dialogue used to imply the Falcon, and by extension, Han Solo, did something awesome once and it became legend. Depicting it may actually be awesome, but there is also the risk it de-mystifies the legend for the viewer. But if done well, maybe that won't matter/.

Guest El Chalupacabra

I always felt Han and Lando had a long history. If they sell me that Han made the Kessel run, met Chewie, became a smuggler, and Han won the Falcon from Lando all in a few days, and the next time the see each other is ESB and the grudge Chewie reminds Han of is said loss of Falcon... I’m going to be annoyed.

Yeah, I think that all depends on if there are any Solo sequels, or Lando movies. I think there is a good chance of a Lando movie at the very least.

I believe the general consensus is that it really hasn't panned out. We just argue over what year it went to crap (1980? 1983? 1999? 2015?)

Yeah, I'm surprised these passion projects keep getting made. I wonder if anyone other than the crazy fans on this message board will see this 'Solo' film. And you're right, I'll be surprised if they make another one after this.

Well, perhaps Pulp Fiction is not the best analogy I could have used, but what I do mean is canonically speaking, we know very little about the Kessel Run, itself. It basically is just dialogue used to imply the Falcon, and by extension, Han Solo, did something awesome once and it became legend. Depicting it may actually be awesome, but there is also the risk it de-mystifies the legend for the viewer. But if done well, maybe that won't matter.

You've just raised a good point. The exact wording from ANH is that the Millenium Falcon is the ship that made the Kessel Run. He doesn't actually say that HE did it (though of course it's heavily implied, since he's the captain).

Makes you wonder if they'll refer to that or make an issue of it, show Han as the braggart we know he is.

They should tell the best story they can in the one film they have, and not save stuff for later films that may never be made.

It's true, this Star Wars thing may not pan out.

You forgot 1997. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jzZOgLH4KU

Guest El Chalupacabra

Well, perhaps Pulp Fiction is not the best analogy I could have used, but what I do mean is canonically speaking, we know very little about the Kessel Run, itself. It basically is just dialogue used to imply the Falcon, and by extension, Han Solo, did something awesome once and it became legend. Depicting it may actually be awesome, but there is also the risk it de-mystifies the legend for the viewer. But if done well, maybe that won't matter.

You've just raised a good point. The exact wording from ANH is that the Millenium Falcon is the ship that made the Kessel Run. He doesn't actually say that HE did it (though of course it's heavily implied, since he's the captain).

Makes you wonder if they'll refer to that or make an issue of it, show Han as the braggart we know he is.

It's going to be Lando or Qi'ra who does the run.

OR, it could be Lando or Qi'ra who start it, but Han has to take over piloting for some reason.

It would suck if Han is just basically along for the ride, and Qi'ra is the one who does the Kessel Run.

I actually think it would be cool if Han wasn't the one to complete the Kessel Run. For one he never states it was him who did it. And two it works for the character.

Han always seemed like the kind of guy who acted like he thought he was the coolest guy in the Galaxy but deep down he kinda knew he wasn't, which is why he acted like it in the first place.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.