Alden Ehrenreich to Play Han Solo

TuskenRaider

Kinda interesting, Kasdan said he was hired by Lucas to write this movie before Lucasfilm was sold to Disney. Basically was working on Solo then was asked to help with TFA. When done with that he was a bit burnt out and asked Disney to hire his son to help him write it.

Just interesting that it seems like Lucas was for whatever reason deciding to expand Star Wars cinematically. Now did he do this to somewhat build a development catalog to sell. Or did he decide to make these movies then early in the process thing "Geez, I don't want to do this work."

I haven't kept up with the behind-the-scenes of this film. Is the Solo movie we're getting the one Lucas started? Or was Lucas working on his own and then decided to sell to Disney and now Lucasfilm made its own film?

I guess I was imagining being one of the other hardworking actors auditioning, but then the casting director at Dreamworks gets a call from Spielberg: "you should really meet with my daughter's friend -- you'll love him. I'll bet he gets the part."

That's one way for the Hollywood dream. But the talent agent plucking the unknown off the street and putting them in the pictures is well-worn Hollywood fable in and of itself.

Besides, I'd bet there's a hundred people with similar stories about Spielberg helping them out, but all the rest didn't really go anywhere.

I wish this project was about Lando teaming up with Obi-Wan and the only time we saw Han was in a post credits scene where Lando loses the Falcon to Han in a card game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You’re taking fictional words from a fictional character about a fictional death of a fictional loved one. Pick one line of logic and follow it.

If you want to be in-world, consider Leia and Han’s relationship might color her response.

If you want to commnent on Lucas revisionism, harp on that.

It’s one of those angles, not this easy pot-shot that conservative fanbros take at Kennedy and Nu-SW where everything is done for a political liberal cry baby reason.

Does anyone think that having a funeral for Han is just stupid in and of itself? I mean

1-The First Order knows their location and it seems obvious the Resistance is expecting them to attack. Would they spend time on a funeral when they should be preparing? Leia is the one who in Star Wars says something like "our sorrows can wait" when referring to the destruction of her home planet.

2-Alot of Resistance pilots died during the attack on Starkiller Base. Would be awful insenstive of Leia to have a funeral for Han. I mean "hey these pilots were totally committed to our cause and were all of our friends but who cares? Lets celebrate my ex husband's life who showed up yesterday"

You’re taking fictional words from a fictional character about a fictional death of a fictional loved one. Pick one line of logic and follow it.

If you want to be in-world, consider Leia and Han’s relationship might color her response.

If you want to commnent on Lucas revisionism, harp on that.

It’s one of those angles, not this easy pot-shot that conservative fanbros take at Kennedy and Nu-SW where everything is done for a political liberal cry baby reason.

Both. Lucas changing Han shooting first changed his arc in ANH. Now we are going to raise that to the next level in his backstory. I suppose you have to if you want to make a standalone of a guy who us suppose to be the central hero of the film. Hence why it should probably have been left alone.

And it's not Kennedy or nu-SW. It happened in ROTS. The wording makes it obvious what the writer, whether it be Lucas or some book author, is thinking.

I had no idea anyone said that.

That is almost exactly what you said:

"Leia's remarks include her saying he hated bullies and injustice all throughout his life, from when he was a youth on Corellia until his final moments on Starkiller Base. Han is a SJW now? Makes me nervous about Solo now."

According to what you said, hating bullies makes Han a SJW, which is a term with a negative connotation when used as you did.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.