Alden Ehrenreich to Play Han Solo

TuskenRaider

Guest El Chalupacabra

So what do we think of the title?

"Solo: A Star Wars Story"

As my friend said, it's a real anticlimax, and when I told my missus, her exact words were, well that's a bit ****, and I can't say I disagree.

To be honest, I assumed the movie was going to be called Han Solo: a Star Wars Story patterned after Rogue One. No special reason why, other than possibly because I am not really all that interested in this movie, so I never gave the title much thought. So this title really isn't much of a surprise.

At the same time, I am kind of surprised that they didn't just call it Han Solo, instead of simply Solo.

• 3 months later...

I watched the original Star Wars not long ago and just loved the fun of it with no expectations of who is related to who or where this and that character came from. I hope this is basically 2 hours like the time spent on the Death Star through when they destroy the TIEs.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Trailer coming on Monday.

I dunno guys, I'm not negative about this anymore. I'm kinda hype.

I am in the camp of don't care.

If it gets good word of mouth, I'll see it, but I really still feel this movie was not needed, and still sort of pissed it wasn't 1 of 2 Obi Wan movies. If we are going to get pre ANH movies, I want stuff that fixes some of the bad elements the PT left behind. Not something that demystifies Han Solo's back story.

Trailer coming on Monday.

I dunno guys, I'm not negative about this anymore. I'm kinda hype.

I am in the camp of don't care.

If it gets good word of mouth, I'll see it, but I really still feel this movie was not needed, and still sort of pissed it wasn't 1 of 2 Obi Wan movies. If we are going to get pre ANH movies, I want stuff that fixes some of the bad elements the PT left behind. Not something that demystifies Han Solo's back story.

Getting good word of mouth doesnt mean anything. TLJ got good word of mouth and Im not so crazy about it. If the trailer is something, I'll give it consideration.

Teaser was terrible. Showed little and completely obscured its main character. They needed to make me buy into Ehrenreich as Han Solo. They didn't even try. Instead, it felt like they were hiding him.

This is the type of teaser you might expect for a movie where the audience is already hyped and buying in, which isn't the case.

Selling someone as one of the most popular characters in history is not possible in that short of a spot, its not really possible in a trailer even. However it is possible for people to draw a negative opinion of it. Its like the old saying "you cant win a game in the first quarter, but you can lose it". Same is true here, they can't win in that 45 second spot, but they can lose.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.