Your Ideas and Inventions:

monkeygirl

One afternoon, on my day off a couple of summers ago, laying out by the pool, a cloud rolls up and blocks my sun. Thats when I came up with the "Cloud Zapper2000". Don't let stupid clouds interrupt your fun in the sun EVER again! Thanks "Cloud Zapper2000"!

Warning:

-this laser gun is for clouds only. Don't shoot anything else with it

-May cause unexpected rain showers in nearby cities or natural disasters on the opposite side of the world

A more serious idea, my buddy and I came up with an idea for a new, hip energy drink. Essentially, its a combination of your standard energy drink (like Monster) and OTC suppliments yohimbine, horny goat weed, DHEA, ginseng, And ginko biloba. Basically, a coctail of stimulants and aphrodisiacs, all over-the-counter and therefore less scrutiny of the FDA. Sounds like a slam dunk idea right? Sex sells. Obviously the target market would be 18-30 year olds looking to enhance their fast and hard partying lifestyles, should be super popular at college parties.

Upon further review, however, when you bundle these OTC supplements together, it actually draws more scrutiny from the FDA than selling them separately; if you were to just walk into a GNC and buy them separately on your own accord, that is (obviously) legal to sell, and the burden of safety falls on the consumer in that case. Also, the market for energy drinks is is actually kind of flooded with tough competition. Although my idea is unique, it's not completely new and fresh, so it so it wouldn't have made bank anyways. But here it is, my almost-business venture.

Cat food that humans can't smell

I need this in my life.

Also, a device that zaps my cat every time the little fecker pees beside the litter tray and not in it. Or when she has one leg hanging out the litter tray when she's peeing, which means she misses the tray and pees on the floor.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So, I was thinking on the drive home the other day, a free electron laser full body scan and radiation treatment device. If you could build a FEL big enough that a person could stand in the unfocused beam, you could put a detector behind them. Then you could use a wide range of frequencies to get better resolution on different substances. Then, after you find the cancer cells (or whatever) you put a lens in front of the patient and focus the beam on the specific point at the specific frequency to kill the cancerous cells (or whatever).

Not sure how to build a lens to focus the different wavelengths accurately though.

You could also use the lens behind the patient to reduce the size of the detector.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.