Alleged Ep VIII Script

Good God a Bear

I don't expect much, or any, scientific or technological realism in Star Wars. My brain shuts off and doesn't nitpick the details of the science and tech displayed. If it didn't I'd never be able to watch any of the films.

As for Star Trek, the creators have been far too conservative in regards to the consequences of transporters, warp drive, and weapons like photon torpedoes in their universe. Why should transporters have any range at all? If you're going to go faster than light, why shouldn't the travel time to any planet be 4 minutes instead of 4 days? Resurrecting the dead shouldn't be a problem at all by the 23rd century, since it's less and less of a problem now.

No, the problem with Star Trek is the creators not being able to craft stories in a universe with no logical technological limitations. They're practically gods. What kind of stories deal with the problems of gods?

I basically will forgive any kind of scientific weirdisms or plot holes if the characters and story are good. I care about Han's and Finn's reaction to Starkiller firing, so I'm not sitting there wondering how it works. Same with the end battle. I'm so invested in Han and Kylo and then Rey vs. Kylo that they can use any stupid science and I don't care.

With the suns as close to the planet as they appear to be on Tatooine?

It's not that the suns are close... it's that they are magnified in our heads by the horizon prior to sunset. The same things happen with our own sun. It's some sort of optical illusion.

Really not much bigger than our own sun though:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.