Alleged Ep VIII Script

Good God a Bear

I mean let's face it, who among the original cast had the pinnacle of acting talent? Mark is a truly gifted VO actor but just mediocre on screen. We'll never know if Carrie was truly worth a shit because she bombed her brains out with drug. Harrison is a movie star, not an actor.

None of them were ever in danger of breaking the all time record of 2 lead role Oscars.

And yet they were good in the OT because the writing and directing didn't suck 1,000 asses.

The overall level of talent in the PT was much better and yet they looked at home in a puppet show. That's writing, directing, and editing.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Just to add something about Christensen, here. He was far better in ROTS, than he was in AOTC. That's not to say he was stellar, but I think he was passable in that movie.

That said, it's pretty sad to think that the best on screen Anakin Skywalker we will likely ever have for the foreseeable future is the CGI version from TCW.

I mean let's face it, who among the original cast had the pinnacle of acting talent? Mark is a truly gifted VO actor but just mediocre on screen. We'll never know if Carrie was truly worth a **** because she bombed her brains out with drug. Harrison is a movie star, not an actor.

None of them were ever in danger of breaking the all time record of 2 lead role Oscars.

And yet they were good in the OT because the writing and directing didn't suck 1,000 asses.

The overall level of talent in the PT was much better and yet they looked at home in a puppet show. That's writing, directing, and editing.

I hear you-- I really do. But even the simplest lines-- like "He's trying his best." or "I shouldn't have done that." come of stale as hell. Or even no lines, like when he was laughing in the speeder chase, or "mad" at Zam Wessell... those were terrible.

I don't disagree the fault is on Lucas-- but that can't excuse everything.

The only moments I saw some weight behind his performance were right after Shmi died in AOTC and the only scene in ROTS that felt like it almost worked-- when he's silently staring out the window knowing Mace is about to kill Palpatine across town.

Personally, it might be cool to see him revisit the role and redeem himself a little with the right writing and direction.

That's the only reason I kinda hope he does show up somehow, if they can manage to make it work. Though I highly doubt they will bring him and even if they did, would Hayden even want to come back to do it? I know Ewan has gone on record and even had talks about reprising Obi Wan, but has Hayden said anything about wanting to possibly revisit Anakin anywhere?

HC sucked in absolutely everything he's ever done with the exception of Life as a House. He was given crap dialogue, but if he had any acting chops at all, something good could have came out of it. Ewan was good, despite some bad lines, Ian was very good despite some bad lines, Liam was pretty good and his lines were okay. You can SEE talent and separate if from the finished product, just like you can "see" the writing, and you can "feel" the directing style. When you look for some kind of take-away with HC, you got nothing in AOTC and very, very little in ROTS. HC had poor delivery and couldn't emote anything but weird and creepy, and he did that by accident most of the time. He sucks. He says he quit acting, but he's full of crap. Nobody will cast him anymore. He literally has no range outside monotone, weird, and crybaby. Thats all he can do. He's had opportunity to redeem himself and screwed it up every time, so he's bad for business now. Nobody wants his face anywhere near their movies.

I've heard time and time again how HC was directed to "hold back" by Lucas this ONE time, for some unknown take, and that's the defense for his entire career. Because when you really suck at what you do, defending mediocrity is supposed to make you look better by comparison. I've seen that clip, of course. It's a mere sound byte with no context. You don't even here the line that he delivered. Give me a break. Only the most dimwitted moviegoers would buy into that defense given his encyclopedia of garbage that came before, during, and after. Except Life As a House; Which I liked and thought he was fine in. But, even then, HC was...you guessed it! Monotone, crybaby and weird, which he was supposed to be, so it worked for me.

Just to add something about Christensen, here. He was far better in ROTS, than he was in AOTC. That's not to say he was stellar, but I think he was passable in that movie.

That said, it's pretty sad to think that the best on screen Anakin Skywalker we will likely ever have for the foreseeable future is the CGI version from TCW.

Yes, he was 42 times better in ROTS than AOTC. Its only possible to improve THAT much when you are terrible to begin with. It's like when the stupid kid in the class gets excited when he gets an D- and his average skyrockets as a result.

I don't think it fits with The Force mythos and rules at all-- especially when we've already seen Anakin as a force ghost.

I don't think it breaks any rules. The Force Ghost bit does imply a form of immortal soul and it's not like Jedi Ghosts were common. Assuming that Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Yoda (plus Qui-Gon I suppose) all unanchored themselves from the physical world and passed on to be one with the Force or whatever, then I don't see why the Force couldn't call Anakin back.

Like I said, if they did it, I'd be willing to give it a chance. As fan theories go, I've heard worse.

I thought Hayden was great in Shattered Glass.

I was going to say the same thing. That may be the only other movie I have seen him in, and it has been a while since I saw that, but I remember thinking that he hardly seemed like the same actor there.

HC was good in Jumper and really good in Awake. He is still working too, by the looks of it. And he's won 9 awards out of 18 nominations. But don't let me stand in the way of some good hate. LOL

Holy shit man. Don't read the Cliffs Notes. You realize half of those "awards" were for worst actor.

Do we really need Obi-wan back? Narratively, isn't Hermit Luke the Obi-wan of this new trilogy? What advice could Kenobi offer that Luke (or Rey) would need?

Force ghosts talking to Rey wouldn't make sense. She does not know Anakin, Yoda, or Obi-Wan. The only way that could be remotely plausible is if Rey is a descendant of one of them...but I don't embrace that idea at all. I feel like you have to had actually known the person before death for them to have any reason to talk to you.

That being said, I'm on the fence about "the big three" talking to Luke still. There could be a need to inform Luke about something like the nature of the force, Rey being the new chosen one, the force chooses her as it's champion...something like that...but I'm not sure I embrace that either. Luke is an old, wise, and powerful Jedi know who should not need so much filling-in on the nature of the force now. School's out Luke, figure it out.

Unless of course, like you said, fan-pandering. In which case...bah.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Do we really need Obi-wan back? Narratively, isn't Hermit Luke the Obi-wan of this new trilogy? What advice could Kenobi offer that Luke (or Rey) would need?

Force ghosts talking to Rey wouldn't make sense. She does not know Anakin, Yoda, or Obi-Wan. The only way that could be remotely plausible is if Rey is a descendant of one of them...but I don't embrace that idea at all. I feel like you have to had actually known the person before death for them to have any reason to talk to you.

That being said, I'm on the fence about "the big three" talking to Luke still. There could be a need to inform Luke about something like the nature of the force, Rey being the new chosen one, the force chooses her as it's champion...something like that...but I'm not sure I embrace that either. Luke is an old, wise, and powerful Jedi know who should not need so much filling-in on the nature of the force now. School's out Luke, figure it out.

Unless of course, like you said, fan-pandering. In which case...bah.

I think an Anakin force ghost is unlikely, and makes the least sense. Anakin literally learned from Luke that it was possible to go back to the light side, so what does he have to offer?

Obi Wan would make sense, but if they are going to do an Obi Wan anthology movie, they may want to save Ewan McGregor for that, instead. So that would be a reason NOT to use Obi Wan. Plus I am not sure how fans would accept Alec Guiness being the original ghost, then switching to Ewan for this trilogy, unless there were CGI involved where they morph the ghost (sort of like that unused Anakin\Vader morphing ghost idea), and the ghost alternates from looking like AG to EM. Sounds expensive, and a little too fan-wanky to me.

I don't know that I WANT or think we NEED Yoda, but they may have a Yoda cameo to tie the three trilogies together. But Yoda said Luke already knew what he needed to know in ROTJ. ALl Yoda can offer is what the Jedi used to do, and that obviously didn't work.

If Rey's mother was a jedi, whomever she is, I could see her being a force ghost, and if they do have a force ghost, that might make the most sense.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.