Alleged Ep VIII Script

Good God a Bear

It's pure crap, obviously so I think.

Just like Luke's hand falling from space, sometimes you hear things and you know they are false because they are stupid. They just read like a fanboy trying to get attention.

Plus that theory about Rey's parentage is cancelled out by other rumors in that thread-- namely the one talking about Hayden Christensen, who's official said he'd in no way be Anakin again.

But yeah-- it wouldn't be star wars without stupid rumors to argue about!

I expect Poe or Justus to follow me up to argue any second now.

I think it was a combination of the telephone game, and unused concept art. When the art book came out we learned that TONS of ideas were floated to concept artist before a single word was written. I actually knew somebody who SWORE Mara Jade was going to be in the movie because they knew somebody doing concept art had painted her. The idea about an Anakin/Vader ghost hybrid-- just an artist painting.

They were fostering ideas from the art to get the ball rolling and the artists, who had some truly terrible ideas, were just plucking concepts out of olf scripts, popular rumors, the EU and their own ***holes.

https://m.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLeaks/comments/4egl1i/episode_viii_script_leak_please_debunkconfirm/

So supposedly someone has read the script for VIII.

Fun read regardless, but some of it is laughable and I hope to **** it ends up being like the hand floating through space. Especially...

Luke telling Rey 'No, you're my father'

That might be so bad I am adding it to my sig.

I'm actually okay with much of this. However...

I literally LOL'ed at :

"You are my father."

There's no way that's going to be in there. No freaking way! God that's horrible.

Also:

Hayden Christiansen and HUNDREDS of force ghosts

I hate HC so much, but more than that... business is business. He should not be in the movie. ANY movie. If Disney execs were smart, they would avoid him like AIDS, or PAY him to publicly tell the world there's zero chance he will be in the movie. Because of his reputation, (and stench in general), he could cost them millions even if he becomes William ****ing Shakespeare incarnate and executes a flawless, Oscar-worthy performance. Oh...and the second item in the spoiler tag...is just a terrible idea, and would break continuity anyways,

But honestly the rest...not bad.

It's pure crap, obviously so I think.

Just like Luke's hand falling from space, sometimes you hear things and you know they are false because they are stupid. They just read like a fanboy trying to get attention.

Plus that theory about Rey's parentage is cancelled out by other rumors in that thread-- namely the one talking about Hayden Christensen, who's official said he'd in no way be Anakin again.

But yeah-- it wouldn't be star wars without stupid rumors to argue about!

I expect Poe or Justus to follow me up to argue any second now.

I expect you to post a 30 page rant if E8 uses/justifies any of the prequels crap you hate so much.

Lucas probably just figured all Ewan had to do was imitate Alex Guiness and just left him be - kinda get the same impression about Ian Mcdiarmid as well. But even then, yeah Ewan delivered a solid performance - in terms of the prequels. He still has some awfully bad lines, delivered just as badly. ("I saw footage of him....killing Younglings!")

For what it's worth, a

reincarnation

storyline isn't a terrible idea (and would at least explain why Rey's so super-awesome). It's just a horrible line that makes you want to dismiss it instantly. Not saying it's the preferred way I'd like to see them go (or that I put any stock in this being legit), but I'd be open to it if they went that way.

Lucas probably just figured all Ewan had to do was imitate Alex Guiness and just left him be - kinda get the same impression about Ian Mcdiarmid as well. But even then, yeah Ewan delivered a solid performance - in terms of the prequels. He still has some awfully bad lines, delivered just as badly. ("I saw footage of him....killing Younglings!")

Yeah that's a bad line, but that doesn't mean Hayden isn't a bad actor.

No, it doesn't. But it doesn't mean he isn't a good actor either.

When all the actors in a film deliver pretty shocking performances, that says more about the director than it does the actors. Yeah Ewan was the best out of the bunch but it's really not saying much at all.

For what it's worth, a

reincarnation

storyline isn't a terrible idea (and would at least explain why Rey's so super-awesome). It's just a horrible line that makes you want to dismiss it instantly. Not saying it's the preferred way I'd like to see them go (or that I put any stock in this being legit), but I'd be open to it if they went that way.

I don't think it fits with The Force mythos and rules at all-- especially when we've already seen Anakin as a force ghost.

Lucas wanted to emulate the ****ty, wooden, primitive acting style of the 20s serials.

For some reason.

HC did what he was directed to do, saying lines written by someone else and the takes we saw in the final cut were the ones the editor chose. But sure blame the actor instead of George Lucas.

You cite this often, and while it's clear Lucas wanted to emulate serials in terms of episodic adventure, I don't know that he ever chose this for acting/dialog.

And as others have pointed out-- Hayden is markedly worse than anyone else in the prequels. If everyone were equally terrible I might buy this, but he is stand out bad.

I fully agree most of the blame is on Lucas-- he wrote, directed and cast Christensen-- but when McDiarmond and McGregor were able to rise above the awful material they were given it showcases that Hayden could not.

Maybe rise above is a bit much-- but even with some terrible lines, there's never a moment when you don't believe the sincerity from Ewan or Ian. They just go for it while Hayden stood around and scowled.

Plus he's been equally terrible in other movies.

Fair point - I just don't really see what hope Hayden ever actually had when you've got other more experienced actors in the prequels who still ended up looking like amateurs in the end. A lot of them had a lot more experience than Hayden did - and while experience doesn't necessarily mean talent, it doesn't help when your director gives you f**k all to work with.

George Lucas is the person at fault more than anyone-- there's no denying that. Maybe Rick McCallum since it was his job to reign Lucas in but instead would wax poetic about a dump George took if you let him.

But Hayden contributed to the shit show with a lot of his own terrible.

Personally, it might be cool to see him revisit the role and redeem himself a little with the right writing and direction.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.