EU

Darth Krawlie

It wouldn't shock me at some point in the relatively distant future for Disney to allow some more material to be published under the Legends banner, but that won't have anything to do with billboards or petitions. If they ever go back to that well, I expect it would be due to either waning income from other aspects of the property (depending on how much they over saturate the market) or some particular anniversary relating to the EU that is too good for them to pass up. In either case, though, it would be well into Disney's run with the property.

... isn't the whole point of the EU to feed the insatiable need for new SW stories in the 20 year gap between movies?

Nowadays, we're getting a movie per year. And a tv show if you really want more.

I love the EU, and consider a few to be favorite books, but... is the need really there anymore? The want, sure...

I agree with Jacen, that billboard was pretty much a waste of money on their part.

... isn't the whole point of the EU to feed the insatiable need for new SW stories in the 20 year gap between movies?

Nowadays, we're getting a movie per year. And a tv show if you really want more.

I love the EU, and consider a few to be favorite books, but... is the need really there anymore? The want, sure...

I agree with Jacen, that billboard was pretty much a waste of money on their part.

They're still putting out books and comics, just books and comics that fall under the new timeline. These people want the Legends storyline to be continued, which isn't going to happen.

Okay, the quote function isn't working. I wanted to start my post by thanking Pavonis for that compliment.

My thoughts on the matter are that you are all being ***holes right now. Yes, the original point of the EU was to have more Star Wars for lack of new movies, but is it really that hard for you to understand that some of us have fallen in love with those stories and characters, and we are heartbroken that they are no longer being told? I started out as an original Trilogy fan as a kid, grew up to become an EU fan (thanks initially to a computer game, which is ironic because most EU haters tend to characterize the EU as novels alone), and it took off from there.

My thoughts on the billboard (I didn't contribute to it, by the way) is that it is a good idea, regardless of its success. It at least shows that people care, even though pricks like Chuck Wendig will demonize us for it (let's face it; there are plenty of things out there that are a waste of money).

Mara, I am most surprised by you. To say that we are not the nicest people and overlook all of the vitriol coming from the other side (calls for public executions and the like) is just plain disappointing. Yes, there are members (who are very few compared to the rest of the movement) who do awful things like spoil Han's death (a death that everyone and their mother saw coming a mile away, let's face it), but don't criticize the whole movement for the actions of a few. Most of all, stop overlooking the shit the other side does to us.

I don't begrudge any of you with your new canon, and I hope it turns out okay. But stop being pricks and delighting in the sadness of those who lost our beloved EU. We're not enemies here. If I sound annoyed here, it's because I am. I don't know how else I can make you people understand. You can laugh at me if it makes you feel better, but I really couldn't care less what you think.

Cut the bullshit.

I don't think Mara was taking a shot at you Zerimar-- I think she meant the specific group of people behind the billboard. I told you this on FB, but for the sake of everyone else, I'll say it here--

I actually fully understand how you feel. Star Wars was a thing that you loved, had emotional ties to, and it greatly influenced your world. Then somebody came along and in one fail swoop utterly **** all over what you thought Star Wars was. It was suddenly different, about something else, and the product being pumped out over every possible media/advertising/licensing stream was one you absolutely detest.

I fully understand that feeling because that's exactly what the PT did to me. We may not agree on the supposed quality of the EU, but as a jilted SW fan I fully understand how you feel.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.