2016 NFL Season

ShadowDog

A few things before classes begin for the LAST WEEK of this year.

HA! I thought about you Met because Tampa Bay is a good genuine surprise. SF winning was also a nice surprise as well as Seattle getting their ass beat in Green Bay. Jeez. It's a weird play off possibility that's exciting this year. The Browns also have a perfect record still!

Now on to the Dallas game:

People wrote the NY Giants off based on last years performance but really they can be a team that is hard to beat since they improved defensively. Last nights game was a highlight in weaknesses though. I like to think it was the weird condition of the field because it snowed earlier in the day. It was a terrible game and I think focus was lost a few times. I hate Collingsworth and Co as callers as well. The receiver for the Giants kept dropping balls and then he catches that one ball and it's like everything's wiped away and they can't get off of it. STFU!

It's really a shame that the Dallas D played so well and the offense couldn't take advantage. Dak looked afraid to throw anything longer than 10 yard passes even before he got picked off. All of those dump offs on 3rd and long really made me miss Romo.

I still think Dak should start, though, but he needs to bounce back next week.

The Dallas offense has played really bad 2 wees in a row. They scored 17 off the Vikes but 7 of those were on a 1 play drive after a fumbled punt. With Dak only throwing for 139 yards. If a team can keep him in the pocket he will struggle. I don't think he can drop back into the pocket 30+ times a game and beat you.

As for the Giants, it was a tremendous performance by the defense and it got better as the game went on. The secondary is one of the best units in the league with several very good players. Jenkins and DRC are a very good pair of corners, Collins is playing like one of the best handful of safeties in the league and Apple has really played well as the season went on. Up front Vernon is all over the place. Damon Harrison is the best DT against the run in the league. When the Giants signed him they were criticized because Harrison only plays on early downs, basically he cant pass rush on third down. However Harrison is so good against the run that he actually helps the pass defense because its so often 2nd and long because of him. Just a great player. Okwara did a great job replacing JPP, don't know if we can expect that week in and week out but the fact that he did it against the best line in the league by a mile does give me some hope.

The offense is just bad though. Eli is having a bad year. The line is below terrible, its just awful right now and is the main reason for Eli's bad year. Eli isnt a guy who is gonna be dinking and dunking at a 75% clip. Thats not him. He throws the ball down the field. However the line is so bad that 1-Eli doesn't have time to throw down the field and 2-since the line is bad they cant run so teams always have 2 safeties deep. Hopefully getting Pugh back will have a domino effect and help the line overall. We know there are pieces there to bad a good offense but the line is so bad. At the start of the year I hoped that the line wouldn;t submarine the season, it hasn't they are 9-4. I just hope now that the line doesn't submarine their chances at a Super Bowl.

The defense though is getting better week to week, maybe that can continue. At the start of the year I just wanted a mediocre defense. So, early they looked like that. Then they looked "pretty good", then "good" and now "wow, pretty darn good". Maybe that can continue one more level up and it can cover for the offense.

Who knows, there are no great teams. I'd say pretty much any team who makes the playoffs has a realistic shot at winning it all with the exception of the AFC South Champion.

I think that the Seattle beat-down was a result of poor scheduling by the NFL. The same thing happened to Dallas in 2014, when they had to play a Sunday Night game and then had to play the Eagles on a Thursday night. Sherman was right in bitching about it.

The last 3 games have exposed the weakness of the Dallas offense and it finally bit them on the ass on Sunday night. Dak isn't much of a deep pass threat, so when the running game gets shut down, the defenses can key in on keeping Dak in the pocket and applying enough pressure to not allow for the short and mid-range passes. Call me a Romo Homo, but I think that his ability as a passer stretches defenses more than what Dak can do at the helm.

The Giant's defense is very impressive. They have a great secondary and the defensive front looks as good as any other team in the league. The offense, on the other hand, has a serious problem with its offensive line. Eli has had 2 games in a row where he has looked shell-shocked, and even though his running game did a decent job, he's dropped the ball too often and has forced passes before the receivers were ready for them.

Historically Dallas has faltered in December, and I'm of the belief that's usually due to them getting stuck into an offensive routine. They have an "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality, whereas successful teams mix it up even when their offense is clicking.

So in this case it might be wise to put Romo in. We just might need a different approach going into the playoffs.

What's with this place, anyway? Minus Choc it's all Cowboys fans. And his team is the one team that's beaten us. Twice. I know this place is dead but I really wish I had one person to talk shit to before Dallas eventually loses.

That's only going to be the case if the Packers, Bucs, and Falcons all lose this weekend. If any of them win the Giants are in.

I'm really hoping the Giants get the 3 seed. That'll mean they have to win two playoff games before we have to face them again (assuming we don't crap out in the div round), and hopefully that second game will be in Seattle.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.