2016 NFL Season

ShadowDog

Dean Spanos is such a shitbag. I'm not really upset that the Chargers are leaving, really, but they treated this city and their fan base like shit.

Literally no one in LA will care about them. They'll be even less popular that the Rams, and hardly anyone cares about them, either. LA is a basketball town first, college football second, baseball third (2 and 3 might switch depending on the year), hockey fourth, and pro football last.

That's exactly it. San Diego didn't want to pay, and literally none of the Chargers' proposals were reasonable. Spanos has always treated this town with disdain. The only people that liked them were the Chargers themselves and people who care about nothing else but football. Which is way every single ballot measure failed.

Now they're gonna play in a 27K seat soccer stadium for two years, one they probably won't even be able to fill.

And that new logo is atrocious.

Usually I don't get upset when a team moves, but this one hurts. It just doesn't feel right.

Some things that make no sense:

The NFL's Stadium committee had pledged 300 mil towards a new Chargers stadium in San Diego.

The Chargers now must pay a 550 mil relocation fee to the NFL and 12 mil to get out of their lease.

So if you take the 300 mil the Chargers would have received from the NFL and the 562 mil they are now going to have to pay simply to get to LA that's 862 million bucks. Which you figure would go a long, long way towards building that new Stadium.

Yeah, I don't get that. Especially when you see how lukewarm the LA fans were to the Rams. Hard to see where the long term profits are going to come from.

The Chargers basically pulled a Ron Burgandy, only they didn't misread the TelePrompTer .

I think once they have a nice new stadium where they can make the games feel like "events" that both teams will do fine. Playing in these temp stadiums is sort of a holding pattern until they open the new stadium and both probably have new uniforms and all that at which point they will really become Los Angeles.

Any city or municipality that pays for a sports facility is moronic.

It's worked out fine for the city of Arlington, that has benefited big time by putting money behind stadiums and ballparks for the Rangers and Cowboys. The city revenue generated by events held at those locations has really had a great impact on the surrounding area.

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/arlington/article77646132.html

I am a little upset, but it was a great game. Prescott and Elliott will have more experience next year and we will see Dallas as 2017's winner. Dallas' defense couldn't wear Rodgers or Crosby's kicking foot down this time.

Now I have to tolerate Collingsworth call tonight's Steelers @ KC game.

Anything can happen. The assistant coaches can get lured away for head coaching jobs, players can have season/career ending injuries and others retire. Plus, there's a team in Atlanta that doesn't look like it's going away anytime soon.

I believe that this game came down to rest vs. rust. The Dallas offense really didn't kick it into gear until the second half, and spotting Green Bay that many points was a pretty big hill to climb for any team.

I think Lucas mentioned on Twitter a spiked ball and some other game miss management issues too for Dallas that cost them early Packer points. You can't give Rodgers room like that.

Hindsight is 20/20.

I believe that there should have been an offensive holding call against a lineman during that throw to Cook to setup the game winning field goal, but that is always a judgement call by the refs.

I was really hoping the Chiefs would break through this year. I just can't ever be happy about the Steelers winning anything, at LEAST until Roethlisberger is gone.

As it is though, I'll be happy with any of the other three teams winning. Had the Chiefs won I'd have been happy no matter what. So basically, Pittsburgh will win it all.

Ooof glad tomorrow's a holiday cuz I've had too many beers.

I think Lucas mentioned on Twitter a spiked ball and some other game miss management issues too for Dallas that cost them early Packer points. You can't give Rodgers room like that.

Hindsight is 20/20.

I believe that there should have been an offensive holding call against a lineman during that throw to Cook to setup the game winning field goal, but that is always a judgement call by the refs.

Nothing to do with hindsight. You shouldn't spike the ball until you absolutely have to. It was extremely poor game management. The down is more important than time, and they still had timeouts.

The other blunder was not even attempting a fair-catch free kick at the end of the first half. Bailey has one of the strongest legs in the league. They willingly passed up the opportunity at 3 points. Made even worse by the fact that they were trailing by 8 at the time.

I believe he spiked the ball, so they would have time to setup the next play. They only had one timeout, which might have been the better option than spiking the ball. They would have easily burned 12 seconds by setting up the play on the line, so stopping the clock seemed like the better option at the time. There was no guarantee that Dallas would have scored a touchdown, or that a sack couldn't have happened, so having the 30 something seconds left on the clock made a lot of sense.

I think that 2 costly penalties are what really did the Cowboys in. The unsportsmanlike conduct call against Butler, that negated a 20 yard gain by Dez, and the tacky holding call against Brown when Heath intercepted Rodgers: the Green Bay player was well over 10 yards away from that ball.

Dallas has nothing to be ashamed about, they ran into a QB playing at as high a level as we've ever seen any QB play. As for some other things:

1-Spiking the ball was a bad decision

2- I wouldn't spend too much time talking about officiating as the Cowboys got away with at least 3 holding/PI calls in the secondary with grabbing jerseys. A couple were absolutely blatant.

3-As for being shocked if Dallas doesn't win it all in the next few years, I wouldn't say anything like that. I don't expect them to fall off a ton but it is hard to win without a big time QB or big time defense. Their defense is below average and although Prescott did well this year I wouldn't go ahead and say he's going to be an elite player.

1. I don't think that we are talking about the spiked ball, if Witten doesn't get tripped on the next play.

2. The problem I have with the PI call (and many media members do as well) was that he wasn't even close to what was really just a Rodgers throw away ball. Holding would have been the right call. Also, the refs are supposed to set the tone early on how much the receivers and DBs are allowed to engage with eachoher. Like you said, there were much more to obvious moments earlier in the game.

3. If Jalen Smith lives up to his potential, and Dallas manages to pick up another defensive lineman, I think this defense can be good enough. The league didn't do them any favors by suspending a pothead for another year; it's time for the NFL to do like the NBA and just sweep pot under the rug.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.