2016 NFL Season

ShadowDog

This Gronk injury really opens up the AFC I think. The Pats, I think, were pretty large favorites. This knocks them down a peg for sure. I think now all three AFC West teams have to be seen as real Super Bowl possibilities. The Steelers are always dangerous if they can get it together.

I just don't know if a team whose offense makes so few big plays is going to win multiple playoff games. I like their defense alot and they are efficient on offense. They just are zero threat to make a big play. Sometimes it is hard to put in a team whose come out of nowhere, unless they are just overwhelmingly good like say the 99 Rams. But at this point the Raiders may just be the faves in the AFC. Their offense is excellent and although the defense isn't very good, Khalil Mack is a superstar and capable of making a play or two that can wreck a game.

I can easily see a situation similar to the 2007 season where the Giants go on the road to upset Dallas at home in the playoffs, especially if Dallas doesn't perform well in December.

That 2007 season playoffs was a mix of missed opportunities by Dallas. A wide open Crayton dropped a pass that would have possibly been a touchdown, along with him quitting on a route on 2nd and 11 that should have been a touchdown. You also had TO dropping passes, because he was looking upfield, instead of catching the ball for the 1st down.

I'm in love with the idea of a Dallas-Oakland Super Bowl. It almost happened several times in the 70s, but never did. Both teams seemed to make the playoffs every year, but every time one would advance to the SB the other would get knocked off. Would've been a great rivalry.

I just don't know if a team whose offense makes so few big plays is going to win multiple playoff games. I like their defense alot and they are efficient on offense. They just are zero threat to make a big play. Sometimes it is hard to put in a team whose come out of nowhere, unless they are just overwhelmingly good like say the 99 Rams. But at this point the Raiders may just be the faves in the AFC. Their offense is excellent and although the defense isn't very good, Khalil Mack is a superstar and capable of making a play or two that can wreck a game.

Yeah, the Chiefs seem to be a one trick pony. Their offense in mediocre, the special teams are middle of the road, and their team has to rely on good field position to have any chance of their offense putting up points. They are pretty much in the same situation as the Broncos.

I like the Raiders and Pittsburgh more than Denver and KC in the playoffs. The Pats will be there, but I don't know if they'll have enough weapons on offense (without Gronk) to compete with the like of the Raiders and Pittsburgh when push comes to shove.

So what does Dallas do if they clinch home field advantage today or next week? If they rest players, do they put in Romo? Will that mess up their momentum?

I'd love for Romo to get some reps in, because you know he's gonna be rusty, but you also know he's injury prone. It's a weird situation because usually you worry about the starter staying healthy, not the backup.

I sorta kinda maybe think they should just keep the starters in.

Most teams will only carry 2 halfbacks, or 2 halfbacks and third down back. Don't think McFadden is a third down guy and I don't think he'd so much on specials so probably no role for him.

Dunbar is the 3rd back. Dunbar is used in passing downs. I think that McFadden got pushed out, because he's not a good pass coverage back like Zeka and Morris, and Dunbar is more dynamic as a receiving back.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.