Rogue One trIler

Darth Krawlie

Looks pretty sweet! Visually at least it looks spot on. I guess the tone set by TFA is gonna be adhered to in subsequent films. It still feels like Star Wars.

Not sure Im gonna care much about the main protag though. She has an annoying something. But, since Mads Mikkelsen and his cheekbones are gonna be in the film Im not too bothered about a wobbly protagonist.

I guess the tone set by TFA is gonna be adhered to in subsequent films.

Including lens flair. wee. I dunno, I'm not really feeling anything but blase about re-visiting the OT era. It doesn't make sense to me. The rebels had like, what, twenty ships attacking the death star? Here they seem pretty well outfitted.

Is that the same actress who played Mon Mothma in the deleted scenes from the prequels?

Hmm, the main cast seems way too human-centric.

I'm also curious if it was Disney's intention from the beginning to have female leads in the first two movies. I like the Rey character, and I enjoy Felicity Jones as an actress, but my cynical side kinda feels like this was a conscious ploy to get little girls (who'd normally be buying Frozen toys) to start buying Star Wars toys. [/end conspiracy rant]

Including lens flair. wee. I dunno, I'm not really feeling anything but blase about re-visiting the OT era. It doesn't make sense to me. The rebels had like, what, twenty ships attacking the death star? Here they seem pretty well outfitted.

To-tally.

Apparently Star Wars did not learn its lesson with the prequels. Sorry, but even if we have somebody more capable than George Lucas writing and directing (i.e. every living professional not riddled with addictions or a wasting neurological disorder), there are so many constraints and pitfalls.

Since we are going back in time, fans are going to throw an absolute ****fit if the movie isn't sufficiently chummed with Obligatory Easter Eggs/Cameos.... then a large percentage of them are still going to throw ****fits, because they don't like the specific Obligatory Easter Eggs/Cameos or how they were handled.

Since this is about a story everybody already knows, people are going to complain that there is no tension, because we basically know that this has to go from a Specific Point A to Specific Point B... but they are also going to scream "CHEAP GIMMICK!!" if they are thrown off by any crazy twists.

People are going to complain that they can't "get into" the characters since many are one-offs and not part of the larger mythos... but will cry bitterly if they become attached to them, 'cause they hate seeing them "wasted" in just one film.

Etc...

So at least with SW fans, I imagine there is going to be a lot of grumbling no matter what path is taken. Though, assuming it doesn't suck, casual fans will probably like this a lot.

It looks okay. I'll see it in December but I wasn't blown away by the trailer either.

Does it feel weird NOT HAVING A SOUL?

Many Bothans weren't filmed in the making of this trailer.

Ugh. Bothans died getting plans for the second Death Star. STUPID!

That Imperial dressed in white looks like Thrawn.

Who's Thrawn? Never heard of him. That's Grand Admiral Magneto.

Visually I think it's already more interesting than TFA. Definitely got me hype enough!

Visually interesting in what way? In that it is more OT, but with a motivated camera? I loved the look of TFA and though tit was an upgrade SW needed. This looks on par with TFA to me.

I'm also excited by all the new weapon and stormtrooper designs.

That's one rogue rebel. I wonder if she'll run into any mercenaries or bounty hunters in her adventures.

It looks like Forest Whitaker is sitting in the Falcon at one point.

Are you being sarcastic? You've seen the promo shot of the cast right? It's been billed as the Star Wars Dirty Dozen from the start.

Looks like there will be lots of excellent visuals; I'm intrigued by Imperial Gandalf and am not sure Felicity Jones is adequate for the watered-down Starbuck role she was given. Overall a solid if uninspiring teaser.

She seems a little insufferable, but Luke was whiney, Han was a dick, Leia was kinda bitchy-- I can hope her being less insufferable is a part of her arc.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.