What if I don't want to go back to the 50s?

Ms. Spam

In general, are women more skeezed out by the idea of men in women's restrooms?

Do men think trans women are just "faking it" in order to creep on other women?

I am not calling anybody names, but what, exactly, is the objection?

I have no actual data on this, but my suspicion (based purely on anecdotal observation), is the answer to your first question is "yes," and the answer to your second is "certainly some, but I have no idea what the % is."

Now a few questions for you:

Let's say a woman goes to the restroom and sees a man (using the sink or whatever). The man is actually a transwoman, who has a few signs of transition, but all are subtle and not immediately discernible, especially from a distance or behind (for example, perhaps he is just wearing some light makeup, but that's all). The woman takes the transwoman at 100% face value that the gender identity is genuine and there is no "faking it." Nonetheless, the woman still feels uncomfortable that he is there. Bigot? Evil?

Second situation. Let's say you have a restroom in a public area that is frequented by people of all ages, throughout the day- say, e.g., a movie theater. Two parents let their daughter in the restroom unaccompanied. They see a man then walk in who is actually a transwoman (but similarly to above, does not exhibit many visible signs of transition unless inspecting at a closer distance). The parents (both father and mother) feel uncomfortable with that and are concerned about the daughter's safety. Like above, they don't question that the gender identity is genuine. What about them? Are they allowed to feel this way or does this make them bigots, evil, racist, Hitler, etc.,?

Last question. Suppose a law is passed that states public restrooms must be configured as unisex restrooms, but in the alternative, they may choose to have separate restrooms on the condition they have at least one "all genders allowed" restroom; similar to how you see the occasional family, handicapped, etc., restroom now. Is this law OK with you or is it evil Hitler?

Is this law OK with you or is it evil Hitler?

If accommodating people's modesty and/or concerns hurts the feelings of just one non-white/male/cishet person, it is one too many and you are evil Hitler, evil Hitler.

Take the other two fifths of your hateful "compromise" and SHOVE IT TO HELL IN YOUR BUTT!!!

:angry:

Is this law OK with you or is it evil Hitler?

If accommodating people's modesty and/or concerns hurts the feelings of just one non-white/male/cishet person, it is one too many and you are evil Hitler, evil Hitler.

Take the other two fifths of your hateful "compromise" and SHOVE IT TO HELL IN YOUR BUTT!!!

:angry:

Fine. I'm getting sorta bored of this topic myself. Back to Netflix.

I honestly cannot wrap my head around the idea that we're supposed to accept, as fact, that it's reasonable to consider a man a threat based on nothing but his genitalia. How is a man supposed to be a threat to safety? Is it just because he's in a restroom? What about men in elevators? Offices? Waiting rooms? Stairwells? Vehicles?

Did I miss the memo that I'm supposed to fear half of the population just because?

Did I miss the memo that I'm supposed to fear half of the population just because?

Yes, I think so. Maybe things have changed in the last few years, but for several millennia, male genitalia has been the go-to weapon for rape, typically against victims who can be isolated and cornered.

Not saying it's something worth "living in fear" over, but it's a fact that is prolly worth being aware of.

:shrug:

I honestly cannot wrap my head around the idea that we're supposed to accept, as fact, that it's reasonable to consider a man a threat based on nothing but his genitalia. How is a man supposed to be a threat to safety? Is it just because he's in a restroom? What about men in elevators? Offices? Waiting rooms? Stairwells? Vehicles?

You MUST be Canadian.

YES, you did! ALSO, you're supposed to fear the hell out of anything you don't completely understand!

Yes, I think so. Maybe things have changed in the last few years, but for several millennia, male genitalia has been the go-to weapon for rape, typically against victims who can be isolated and cornered.

Not saying it's something worth "living in fear" over, but it's a fact that is prolly worth being aware of.

:shrug:

Well with that logic, I should fear anyone with fists because throughout time they're the go-to weapon for physical assault.

But seriously, stranger rape is so rare. Honestly, I should be more frightened to be in a confined space with a man I know than a man I don't know.

Cerina fully understands genitals

Seriously. Penises are my specialty.

But seriously, stranger rape is so rare. Honestly, I should be more frightened to be in a confined space with a man I know than a man I don't know.

Exactly. This is why I tell my daughter to never, never go to the bathroom with a man she knows.

Of course, she'll totally ignore me when she becomes a teenager, but I have to try.

Few weeks ago I was heading to the bathroom at work. This new gal was in front of me heading in the same direction. She accidentally goes into the men's room and once she did she freaked and ran out. She didn't see any men, or wang, she just saw the men's stalls and got totally embarrassed.

I get that some women don't have a problem with it, but a lot of them would. I can't imagine a unisex bathroom where I work. Funny to think about, though.

Watch out for blumpkins.

Have you ever spoken to a women on the phone but called her "sir"? There are some women that are female, are born female, live female, but I swear they should have been men.

No one can hear your voice on a message board, and I don't think that's a coincidence.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.