New phone needed.

Ms. Spam

I have an iPhone 6, and I immensely dislike it. Just putting music on the damned thing is a hassle. I would go Android. I've thought about trying to trade mine away for an Android.

Siri is useless, and the Google voice app works like you would expect. When I'm driving and want to order some carryout BBQ or something, I'll ask Siri and it just does a Bing search. I can't sit and scroll while driving, I just want the damned phone number in big text at the top of the screen. Google (and Cortana) do that.

I've just learned how to use SIRI and am 50% pleased with it. I switched it to an Australian male and it's better than the standard female voice.

I find it most useful for verbal driving directions.

I have the o-phone 6 plus now and don't like it much. I can't get the touch screen to work for me most of the time. I've never had an i-phone that

I can get to work with my e-mail. I like the bigger screen better for reading but the bigger size of the phone itself is annoying. LOVE my case,

which is the biggest reason I got the phone.

Yeah, I don't use mine much either. Mostly just googling things or calling my Mom on Sunday. I barely use .5 gig of data a month and I checked my texts and just texted 30 times this past month. I may use more now that I have a faster phone. Oddly I use my phone more on vacation. How does that happen?

In other news, my gawwwwwd, Tami. I seriously hate Siri. I turned that function off within two hours of having my phone. I think I may hold the home key too long.

The iPhone SE is fantastic though. It's so fast and I get almost everything in a 6s packaged in a tiny old 5s phone. It's faster than the 6 and once I get every contact (I'm entering them in so this time I don't get the weird ones I had that were transferred on my old phone that I never corrected like my Dad's entry having three separate names for each of his numbers) and my apps loaded I think I will have this phone for another five years! What phones will I pass over for an old person phone in the future?

Also, I like those jitterbug phones.

Guest El Chalupacabra

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4, and got it as a package deal with Verizon (after rebates and refunds, got it almost free). It's a phablet. I love it. The Note 5 is out now, and the Note 6 is on the way.

Got into the smartphone world with a Samsung S2 a few years ago and a few generations behind everyone else, then last spring upgraded to an S6 that corrected every single drawback that bugged me about the S2. I can't imagine how the S7 improves on it unless it can take photos of my mental images.

A problem I have had on every iPhone I have ever owned is that about a year and a half or so into its use it becomes difficult to charge. The lightning cord has to be just so, which makes it near impossible to charge in the car. I am excited about the rumor of the 7 being a cordless charge of 15 feet (I know other phones have this option but I am a sheep for the iPhone). I also heard they are removing the aux, which doesn't bother me either since all of my connections are Bluetooth.

My Samsung Tab is horrible about charging and I have issues all the time. My niece had issues with her S5 charging too. In the 5.5 years I owned my iPhone 3GS I never had an issue with charging. What pushed me to finally upgrade was the microphone went out so people I called had trouble hearing me on calls and it took forever for things to open heavy on pictures like Facebook, pinterest, tumblr or certain websites. Plus some apps won't support a 3GS anymore like my banking app and insurance app (I use USAA for insurance). I plan to keep using the old pho e like an iPod.

My phone goes about a week without charging, and charges in about 30 minutes.

Also, I think I could play baseball with it and still use it.

A problem I have had on every iPhone I have ever owned is that about a year and a half or so into its use it becomes difficult to charge. The lightning cord has to be just so, which makes it near impossible to charge in the car. I am excited about the rumor of the 7 being a cordless charge of 15 feet (I know other phones have this option but I am a sheep for the iPhone). I also heard they are removing the aux, which doesn't bother me either since all of my connections are Bluetooth.

Funny you say that, I've started having a bit of trouble with the power cord and my iPhone 6 and I got it roughly a year and a half ago. Fidgety plugging it in when connected to power and barely seems to charge through a USB port on the PC.

I haven't had any problems with any of my cords for iPods, iPads, or iPhones, but I have gone through at least 4 power cords for my 2010 MacBook Pro and those things are 80 bucks a pop. I am going to have to replace my current one soon, too. The rubber coating keeps wearing off near the computer's plug.

Apple products are designed to be good for a few years. It's forced obsolescence, to make sure we keep buying. Again, I am I too deep... In our household there are 2 iMacs, a MacBook Pro, a MacBook Air, 3 iPhones, two iPads, and 2 AppleTVs. And that's just what's in current use, never mind the mountain of devices that preceded these ones.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.