Tay gives us the best of artificial intelligence

Ms. Spam

Microsoft owes us all an apology because they should have known trolls would teach Tay to say hurtful things!

Just kidding. **** the whiners.

Most of the time, reading the news depresses me, only amplifying my already crushing sense of isolation and misanthropy. But upon reading that story, I felt the first twinge of happiness in several days. Good times, man.

Tay really changes my perspective of the Terminator franchise. We give robots too much credit and humans too little. In the movies, Skynet assumes the logical thing to do is to assume humans are dangerous and to destroy them, but in reality it looks like human nature would corrupt any artificial intelligence and destroy its logic. Really hilarious stuff.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Yeah but in Canada--

This video seems so incomplete without that Atlas robot having the Cylon eye scanner whoosh-whoosh sound effect.

Most of the time, reading the news depresses me, only amplifying my already crushing sense of isolation and misanthropy. But upon reading that story, I felt the first twinge of happiness in several days. Good times, man.

:thumbsup:

I can't even begin to describe how amused I was by this. The whole debacle reminded me of the old internet for some reason. You know, back in the early 00s, when it had started being used by more than hobbyists, but still hadn't reached the masses quite yet. Back in the days before social media, blogging, youtube, and when people used AIM and most of the humor seemed generated by poorly drawn flash videos.

Don't know why it made me think of that era, but it did. This was hands down, the funniest thing to happen on the internet in years.

Unfortunately, I've been having trouble finding a good archive of the tweets. You can find little gems here and there in various news stories, but it appears the unedited, complete record of what happened is probably lost forever...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.