Daredevil Season 2

ShadowDog

Watched the first two last night, and they haven't missed a beat. My only complaint about season one was that I wished Daredevil was more than nice-guy-lawyer-action-man, and that hasn't changed; but for what it is, it's still excellent.

I don't know how I feel about a straight-up bad guy Punisher. I'm not terribly familiar with his various iterations in the comics, and I'm sure they'll give him depth in future episodes the way they did so wonderfully with Fisk... BUT, Frank seems awfully Terminator-y in this. I like my Punisher as either a kill-cus-I-have-to supersoldier, or the broken soul type. I mean, yeah, the character is a Death Wish type who takes the law into his own hands in the worst possible way, but he's usually still "likable" to a certain degree, in most of his various characterizations.

Oh, and I know it's probably done as a contrast to the show's dark tone, but the banter between Matt Murdock, Froggy and Pepper Potts is starting to fall a little on the cutesy/annoying side for my tastes.

I've never cared that much for Jon Bernthal's acting, but his graveyard soliloquy... A-frickin' plus material right there.

Loving the Elektra stuff so far. This season has got me hooked. Lemme jus' say it; I don't care if she handed me a knife and asked me to kill baby Jesus, I'm still picking an Elektra over a Karen annnny day of the week.

• 1 month later...

I found the whole Elektra arc to be really annoying. Otherwise, really enjoyed it. Wasn't fully sold on Bernthal as the Punisher until the final episode, but I can see it now, I'm looking forward to his standalone series. I also really like Karen's new editor, he was probably my favourite character.

And Matt needs to make his goddamn mind up when it comes to women. Srsly.

A lot.

Her appearance just throws a massive spanner into Matt's life, and simply by showing up again, she destroys his relationship with his best friend and potential love of his life (making him willing to leave everything to be with her, despite things going very well with Karen mere episodes before), breaks up his burgeoning law firm, distracts him from his stated goal of protecting Hells Kitchen and drags him back into a war he walked away from. She's a manipulative bitch who we're not really sure what she really wants and throws everything back in Matt's face, either deliberately or without meaning to. Her faux English accent sounded a bit too put on, her costume didn't have the Elektra look to it, and I think i actually groaned out loud when the Hand declared her to be the Black Sky (though the jar bit at the end was a good twist).

I would have preferred to see more of Punisher vs. Daredevil, or just had him dealing with Stick with skepticism until his confrontations with the Hand and Nobu force him to accept that some shit is real and needs to be dealt with, all without having Elektra brought into the mix. I just feel it could have been done better without her.

• 3 months later...

A lot.

Her appearance just throws a massive spanner into Matt's life, and simply by showing up again, she destroys his relationship with his best friend and potential love of his life (making him willing to leave everything to be with her, despite things going very well with Karen mere episodes before), breaks up his burgeoning law firm, distracts him from his stated goal of protecting Hells Kitchen and drags him back into a war he walked away from. She's a manipulative bitch who we're not really sure what she really wants and throws everything back in Matt's face, either deliberately or without meaning to. Her faux English accent sounded a bit too put on, her costume didn't have the Elektra look to it, and I think i actually groaned out loud when the Hand declared her to be the Black Sky (though the jar bit at the end was a good twist).

IMO, you've just described excellent, well thought-out drama. And that should never do exactly what you want.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.