Types of Aliens

Guest El Chalupacabra

Is it sad that I immediately knew what this was from and the guy talking? I was a HUGE Coast to Coast and Art Bell fan. Like Fox Mulder, I want to believe. But people that are so far into this have the worst analytical skills imaginable (I was way into this and went to a few UFO conferences as a kid).

Is it sad that I immediately knew what this was from and the guy talking? I was a HUGE Coast to Coast and Art Bell fan. Like Fox Mulder, I want to believe. But people that are so far into this have the worst analytical skills imaginable (I was way into this and went to a few UFO conferences as a kid).

Oh damn, I totally identify with this.

I love UFology, and even met Whitley Streiber once (strange, but nice dude), but there is such a difference between investigating the unknown vs jamming every piece of unknown into your "It was aliens!" mental box. It has always bummed me out that the majority -- or at least the most vocal -- of people involved in studying UFOs and such fall into the latter camp, either because they are fanatics or (IMO, more often) trying to grift the fanatics.

Oh damn, I totally identify with this.

I love UFology, and even met Whitley Streiber once (strange, but nice dude), but there is such a difference between investigating the unknown vs jamming every piece of unknown into your "It was aliens!" mental box. It has always bummed me out that the majority -- or at least the most vocal -- of people involved in studying UFOs and such fall into the latter camp, either because they are fanatics or (IMO, more often) trying to grift the fanatics.

Yep. I went to a few conferences but once i turned 14 or so, the novelty of it wore off as the realization of , "these people actually believe this shit" sunk in.

I listened to Coast to Coast through college. But slowly, over the years, there became more and more topics I couldn't handle because they were just too insane. With that said, 1999 was the height of the show with all the Y2K, Jesus is returning, end-of-the-world stuff. The commercials were the best...gold, MREs, water bottles that take radiation out of what---because you know the anti-Christ is going set off nukes, etc.

Guest El Chalupacabra

What about the little green dudes from Toy Story? Where are they?

Don't ask me. Ask Hillary Clinton. She knows the truth!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.