DVD, Blu-ray, or digital HD?

Destiny Skywalker

Digital. The older I get, the less physical stuff I like having. My DVD collection remains the same size-- what can fit on 2 shelves. Something comes in, then something has to go out.

I love Star Wars, but it doesn't need to share space with the truly special and meaningful discs.

Only problem with most things digital all you're paying for is a licensing agreement. So you don't actually own the files you're downloading. Just the rights to use that file. So if you're like Bruce Willis and wanna leave your digital music/film library to your kids or significant other when you kick the bucket you'll be **** out of luck. Like Bruce Willis found out in court.

Unless there are digital retailers out there who actually sell you the file...

I have a **** ton of licensed digital music which Im petrified to try and move onto another machine, or to update my current one in fear of losing it all cause apple suck bags of dicks.

Anyways, not to derail...

I say Blu Ray.. particularly if it comes with a Digi-download.

Digital. The older I get, the less physical stuff I like having. My DVD collection remains the same size-- what can fit on 2 shelves. Something comes in, then something has to go out.

I love Star Wars, but it doesn't need to share space with the truly special and meaningful discs.

We got these to reduce our DVD footprint in our house.http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000A1WGL?refRID=0FG5PAG9W3GDCVR8XBRA&ref_=pd_ybh_a_149. It brought it down from a large bookshelf to less than one shelf of space.

I hear you on not needing STUFF, but it was really nice to have it all organized.

I buy very few movies nowadays anyway, so when I do I usually spring for the disc. I feel the same way you do about books (also because it's way more convenient to read on my Kindle). The only hard copy books I get nowadays are either free or Star Wars (which are review copies anyway).

We've reached max capacity on our books too. It has to fit on the existing shelves. If one comes in, one has to go out. I's probably get rid a lot of them too-- just keeping stuff I reread regularly or is rare/out of print, or an art book that needs to be appreciated physically. I don't need to keep anything readily available digitally around to take up space.

We got these to reduce our DVD footprint in our house.http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000A1WGL?refRID=0FG5PAG9W3GDCVR8XBRA&ref_=pd_ybh_a_149. It brought it down from a large bookshelf to less than one shelf of space.

I hear you on not needing STUFF, but it was really nice to have it all organized.

I've often done the same thing. It was great for taking my collection back and forth to college and is still convenient. I keep the ones I go to over and over again on dvd racks, but others eventually end up in a binder.

I don't need STUFF. Star Wars will be readily available to anyone who wants to watch it for the next 300 years. I don't need to own it physically.

Bloody Liar!!

It's not on your two shelves because the celophane sealed boxes are in your secret shrine next to your limited edition Jar Jar Figurine.

Admit it!!

By the fifth they'll make more money on the first day of DVD sales than in the theaters. Bats v Sups will have pushed it out of most theaters.

Sure, but they could make that money in late-April or early-May just as easily. It's not like demand for the DVD is going lessen or go away if they wait another month. It's been less than 3 months since the movie premiered! But the box office money can't be regained if you're impatient. Even if it seems to be nibbling around the edges, we're still talking about millions of dollars. Even Disney doesn't just shrug off that kind of money.

As for pushing it out of theaters, The Force Awakens continues to do pretty good for a movie its age. Only 5 movies in wide release currently have a higher per-theater average, which is the best measure for maintaining theater presence (obviously).

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.