So a movie comes out this Thursday...

Driver

... that I sort of wrote. But I can't say the name of it because I'm not the credited writer... actually there were about 6 writers, but the WGA cuts you off after awhile. It wasn't my idea, or my story, or even my dialog, I was purely a doctor on this one where they had two different scripts about a month out from shooting (no really, that happens) and I was the guy who figured out how to put them together.

So those original writers get the credit... but you know--

I got paid, got in the union, and got to live in LONDON

for a month next door to where Star Wars was filming. It HAS

had a pretty big impact on my life since doing it. Work hasn't FALLEN

by the wayside for me.

I wouldn't go saying it's a great movie, but if you like cheesy one-liners, f-bombs, ridiculous action and things exploding whilst your brain checks out-- you might like it.

Pretty much exactly that.

They liked these scenes from script X, these scenes from script Y, that Morgan Freeman for only three days so his parts had to be on 1 set. The action sequences which had been planned first were being finalized so I had to work with the stunt supervisor to make the script match what they were choreographing, stuff like that.

I may have had a few lines here and there, but it was mostly utility work.

Maybe I'm weird, but fitting pieces together like that with real-life constrictions sounds like a fun and interesting assignment. But then, I always found editing to be easier than writing.

I feel the same way. There's something fun about story algebra, and figuring that stuff out. With my own work I tend to do first drafts fast and messy so I can get to editing and rewriting.

Maybe I'm weird, but fitting pieces together like that with real-life constrictions sounds like a fun and interesting assignment. But then, I always found editing to be easier than writing.

I feel the same way. There's something fun about story algebra, and figuring that stuff out. With my own work I tend to do first drafts fast and messy so I can get to editing and rewriting.

Me three. Writing sucks, editing rocks.

Congrats, Seth. Cool to see your mystery project finally "revealed"!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.