2016 U.S. General Election

Pong Messiah

I actually feel bad for Cruz. I believe he wanted to stand on principle with all the other people who said they'd stand on principle, but found himself standing alone. It ain't easy being the only person fighting when there's nothing to be gained. So he had to eat **** now, when he could have made a half-hearted endorsement like the rest of active politicians months ago and wouldn't be suffering the humiliation of it.

As for his chances to win the presidency in the future, really I hope that he just works as a Senator for a few years. Learns from Mike Lee how to get stuff done without compromising himself, and get on with it all.

What about Glenn Beck? You feel sorry for him?

"That was so calculated that it was stunning to me," Beck said. "I think I have to apologize and say, maybe, perhaps, those of you who said Ted Cruz is calculating and a smarmy politician, I think I may have to slightly agree with you and apologize for saying, 'No, he wasn't.'"

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/26/politics/glenn-beck-ted-cruz-interview/index.html

The local news radio program took calls from people responding to the Cruz endorsement for an hour this morning. It was about an even split between "he has completely abandoned us and his own principles" and "he has finally shown that presidential quality of being able to compromise and work with others, to bad he didn't show that in the primary". Pretty funny stuff.

I used to work (under protest mind you) for Beck's marketing department and he is in part a HUGE reason this country has been reduced to being an US vs THEM mentality on every political topic across the board. I wouldn't feel sorry for Beck if he was hit by a bus.

I know that wasn't your actual point-- I just had to vent that.

I hate that guy. I listen for a few minutes every once in a while, just to remember why. I can either follow the logical steps of his argument to a different conclusion, or agree with the conclusion of the argument but not buy the twisted logic that got him there. Almost never does he get both right and he always uses %70 of his time for stupid supposedly meaningful pauses and calls to "stand with God" or some other equivalent nonsense . Vent all you want.

Cruz is a tea party GOPer who couldn't get one single senator or even a Texas newspaper to support him for his presidential run. Trump made Cruz look chumpish and worse Cruz is now a sad pathetic version of Chris Christie. They used his rich donor list to build war chest for a person who is just as thin skinned and his new party endorsement of Trump won't make a single GOP person in Texas change their mind and vote for Trump. The Texas GOP voter will either vote GOP, abstain and Texas goes blue for the first time in a long time or vote third party.

I'm not sure what bomb got dropped. Apparently Trump had a REALLY bad time of it in the mid-90s. That was rather public record. The big revelation seems to be that the losses he incurred could shield him from taxes in future years. But that's only known because they called up some tax attorneys who said that would be the result of such a big loss.

In effect, he's now being hit because the tax law is what it is. And any moderately competent tax attorney could apparently realize it.

Frankly, I think this is rather dumb of the Clinton campaign. Keep him chasing silly things like the beauty pageant winner (full stories went out the morning after the debate... shocker) or real things like him not knowing anything. Numbers are easy to dismiss.

I'm not sure what bomb got dropped.

We live in an America where half of the population shares that the person they idolize "destroyed" their political enemies by posting something on Twitter. So, in context, just saying that a bomb was dropped is pretty minor.

Being a non-story that we already knew doesn't stop it from being a story. Just the way it is. Meanwhile, Clinton gets nailed to the wall in front of Congress and stories are already written about how, despite plenty of new revelations, nothing new came out.

Anyway, so, WikilLinks "bomb" is scheduled for tomorrow promising to get Clinton indicted. Real deal? Dud? Or real deal that will be ignored by the press?

Assange does love the limelight. It could easily be a "look at me... no really, keep looking" thing. He has stuff, but if it isn't that good he would have the motivation to stretch out the anticipation and get his time in the news while the getting is good. It could easily be that. I just don't think so.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.