2016 U.S. General Election

Pong Messiah

The media really glossed over the fact that no one was showing up for these Clinton rallies, while droves were showing up to Trump rallies. It showed that people were listening to his message. Not too dissimilar from they way Al Gore pounded the pavement and W rates on his name.

New game!How much of the ridiculous things Trump wants to do will actually happen if the Senate and House are also Republican controlled? IS it the Fourth Reich? Will I get my wish for a civil ware and west coast succession?

Nope. You can have an the massive earthquake if you want. Don't worry, though. You can blame it on climate change while you're trying to find a raft.

You can't play cause you'd vote for Hitler given the chance.

Hillary really couldn't connect where it counted.

Senate seats too are going in a certain way too.

Internet is getting overloaded for some sites so I've not been able to get as much detail as easily but really close in some states. The only state that went truly Hillary was California. Not surprising. Texas is still in single digits for the split between Democrats and Republicans which is impressive as we're kind of a guaranteed red state. Last i checked Hillary was losing by 8 points.

I want to fight with you, but I don't disagree fully. You find the very word LIBERAL to be so dirty that it throws me off.

I disagree with liberal ideology. What I find to be dirty is their tactics. Democrats consistently prefer to win not via argument. Not via the ballot box or legislation. But by shutting down debate and declaring that their side wins and nothing can be done about it ("Why are you arguing anymore?").

They try to keep their power by cutting America up into pieces, openly attacking and mocking white males as the enemy of all the rest. Trump, ironically, took advantage of that very tendency and became the equal and opposite. Both sides are deplorable in their methods.

When I saw my side employing tribalism as an electoral strategy, I walked away and said I want no part of this. What I don't understand is why Democrats don't do the same.

Well, last week I figured there was a 1-in-3 chance of Trump winning.

So, what will President Trump actually accomplish? The Republican leadership wasn't enamored with him, but if Republicans control the White House and Congress, what kind of cooperation can we expect?

New game!How much of the ridiculous things Trump wants to do will actually happen if the Senate and House are also Republican controlled? IS it the Fourth Reich? Will I get my wish for a civil ware and west coast succession?

Nope. You can have an the massive earthquake if you want. Don't worry, though. You can blame it on climate change while you're trying to find a raft.

You can't play cause you'd vote for Hitler given the chance.

Well he is my grandfather and you have to stick by your family. Weird guy though. Say what you will about the holocaust, most of us in the Hitler fam really have a harder time with the golden showers. Pretty sure you'd be ok with it, though.

Bring a towel.

This article makes for an excellent post-mortem of Clinton's campaign, and the broader political forces that supported and opposed it. It's common knowledge that progressive America has been in its own little ivory echo chamber for quite some time now, looking down on everyone outside of it. Now they pay the price for that.

I fear that the whole world will now pay a price for it. Of course, as I write this, the fat lady has not yet sung ...

I want to fight with you, but I don't disagree fully. You find the very word LIBERAL to be so dirty that it throws me off.

I disagree with liberal ideology.

Fiscally? Socially? Foreign policy? All of it?

I can get behind so much of conservative thought-- but the social stuff just stops me cold. The GOP is not the part for minorities and the poor. Their meddling in basic human rights is so appalling to me I just can't get behind them. But I digress.

To Spam's point-- I know its an easy liberal line to just saw a vote for Trump is a vote for hatred, but I really wonder what this would be with Sanders or Biden as the Dem nom. I think at least half of Trump's votes aren't people voting for him, but voting against Hillary. She's just so polarizing and so representative of the system that people think have failed-- which I understand.

Fiscally? Socially? Foreign policy? All of it?

No, not all of it. I'm aligning more with paleoconservatives as I age on foreign policy.

I'm a mix on social policy: Conservative on the judiciary. Very disturbed by government running over conscience and religious objections. Very much against bureaucracies setting controversial social policy and then demanding that everyone live with their fiats. Squishy on gun, but acknowledging that the 2nd Amendment exists. Against the death penalty. For gay marriage. Against illegal immigration.

I'm largely apathetic on fiscal policy these days beyond wanting spending to be low in a large sense.

Their meddling in basic human rights is so appalling to me I just can't get behind them.

I don't know what basic human rights are being meddled with.

Guest El Chalupacabra

All I have to say is wow. I've never been this surprised by a presidential election in my life. Right now (as of this posting) it looks like if the projections hold it's going to be Trump with 306, and Clinton 232 (right now they are reading 266 Trump, 218 Clinton). I honestly thought it would be right around that, but in Clinton's favor. Not that I liked, or voted for either one, but everything I read and heard indicated Clinton would take it.

Driver, my liberal friends are devastated and are genuinely scared. A lot of gay friends are worried about their status. Lots of lashing out is happening. Biden or Bernie would have been much better in the long run because they were much more approachable and appealled to some key demographics that Hillary couldn't get to vote which ultimately lost her race, abstaining black voters and millennials. Hillary lost a lot of states Obama easily carried. My internet went down because of a storm but I am kinda glad.

Krawlie! Sheriff Joe is out!

Hillary ran a stupid campaign. An untrained monkey could have beaten Trump but she remained convinced that she could out insult him and play the victim, so she lost and she deserved to lose.

The Democrats aren't going to learn, though, and they will likely always blame Comey.

Watching HuffPo almost makes it worth it. If there's one thing that cost Hillary the election, it was the current liberal strategy of being a victim and shaming anyone who stands against you.

The liberal columnists are doubling down on that today. Hopefully they can grow up in four years, or we finally get to start talking about the demise of the Democrats instead of just the Republicans.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.