Something real that will forever haunt your mind **WARNING**

Darth Ender

I am warning you, this might be the worst thread in the history of nightly, maybe in it the internet. I debated whether or not to actually make this thread, but I decided to for two reasons.

1. Upon hearing this news story, I have become very distraught and upset. Discussion is a good thing for the emotions and this isn't something you can just slide into a normal conversation.

2. A reason this exists is because people do NOT talk about it and raise awareness. Talking about it lets people know that this is a thing and to be more vigilent when it occurs.

Link to the article-- NOT GRAPHIC AS FAR AS PICTURES/VIDEO...just the story itself is horrific.

I know that animal cruelty exists. It is a horrific thing. Cruelty of all sorts exists. People fell empowered or whatever from harming people and animals weaker than they are. This disturbs me to the very fiber of my being. But somehow, in the brain's need to carry on with life, we accept that these things will happen. Nature is cruel. People are crueler.

How this is different is that people not only get off sexually to this, but there is an underground market for these videos. I have accidentally seen animal cruelty videos and I don't think anything can make me feel more dead inside. I can't imagine feeling joy to see them or even profiting from them.

It's a mainstream newspaper article.

After some of the things I've seen from working homeowner and auto claims, this is pretty low on the things that would haunt me, though.

After you see enough photos of people dying in car accidents, or paid for enough suicide clean ups in someone's home, you tend to not be disturbed as easily.

The first suicide clean up... that haunts me. I almost puked.

Looked at hyperlink, I believe it's horrific but I'm too wimpy to click.

There is a big festival in China where they eat dogs, and the videos of that were particularly haunting. Seeing a dog skinned alive....holy smokes that is so beyond heartless. The poor thing was skinned head to toe, still alive. It's an insanely barbaric and backwards cultural practice.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lychee_and_Dog_Meat_Festival

Animal cruelty is fuckin aweful.

There was a news story here that really upset me, because it illustrated how callous, thoughtless and ****ing stupid a lot of humans are. A bunch of humans on the beach in Argentina were sunning themselves in the heat, and someone discovered a small dolphin swimming round in the water doing dolphin stuff. So what do they do? Pick the dolphin up out of the water and pass it around the crowd so people CAN TAKE ****ing SELFIES with it!?!?!? The poor creature, sensitive to heat died from exposure after being passed around for however long. Makes me sick to my stomach. Particularly since dolphin intelligence and self awareness puts them in the category of "people". The little guy would've been traumatised as fuck, knowing that it's death was imminent. I hope everyone who took part in that event, or stood by and did nothing to prevent it drown or die some comparable death so they understand what that creature went through. Oh... And that dolphin was one of 30,000 left of it's species.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest madddox

i did it for the lolz

... is not even an excuse anymore. not even a stupid internet excuse. my sincerest apologies for the kitten gif all those years ago, and any distress it caused anyone. i absolutely do not condone that kind of behaviour, and its sick that there are people out there like this.

• 3 months later...

What is the deal with people playing with wild animals so they can take pictures and have a laugh?? It's happening more and more and it's very disturbing. Combined with the myriad ways people are cruel to each other, it makes me have no faith in humanity at all.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.