Episode VIII news

The Choc

With the movie starting principle photograph and Disney putting out a press release figured it was time to start this up.

Writer and Director is Rian Johnson

Returning Cast

Daisy Ridley as Rey

John Boyega as Finn

Oscar Isaac as Poe Dameron

Adam Driver as Kylo Ren

Anthony Daniels as C-3PO

Luptia Nyongo'o as Maz Kanata

Gewndolyn Christie as Captain Phasma

Domnhall Gleeson as General Hux

Andy Serkis as Supreme Leader Snoke

Carrie Fisher as General Leia Organa

Mark Hammil as Luke Skywalker

Announced new cast

Benicio Del Toro

Laura Dern

Kelly Marie Tran

I don't think this actually happened today. I bet they shot this during that Episode 8 scout/pickup that was mentioned returning to Skellig a few months back.

The bigger implication is that 8 will pick up right from the end of TFA, which no Star Wars has done before. Or it's just a misdirect/tease.

I think it's a misdirect.

You have to start with the Star Destroyer/bad guys.

Then you cut to Rey training with Luke. We see a tiny snippet of them from the end of TFA. Then we jump ahead, and realize Rey was having a flashback/reminiscing during her training.

Also, that teaser. THANK YOU FOR NOT HIDING LUKE THIS TIME.

The bigger implication is that 8 will pick up right from the end of TFA, which no Star Wars has done before. Or it's just a misdirect/tease.

Boy I hope not That would be a big strike against it right there. Right off the bat they'd break continuity with the Star Wars flavor.

The Original Trilogy all began that way. The Prequels established a different opening motif. Each began with shots of the heroes' ships flying into danger.

Boy I hope not That would be a big strike against it right there. Right off the bat they'd break continuity with the Star Wars flavor.

The Original Trilogy all began that way. The Prequels established a different opening motif. Each began with shots of the heroes' ships flying into danger.

Speaking of the prequels-- this one shot of moving in on that island looks better than anything on Geonosis. CAUSE IT'S REAL OMG.

Guest El Chalupacabra

With the movie starting principle photograph and Disney putting out a press release figured it was time to start this up.

Writer and Director is Rian Johnson

Returning Cast

Daisy Ridley as Rey

John Boyega as Finn

Oscar Isaac as Poe Dameron

Adam Driver as Kylo Ren

Anthony Daniels as C-3PO

Luptia Nyongo'o as Maz Kanata

Gewndolyn Christie as Captain Phasma

Domnhall Gleeson as General Hux

Andy Serkis as Supreme Leader Snoke

Carrie Fisher as General Leia Organa

Mark Hammil as Luke Skywalker

Announced new cast

Benicio Del Toro

Laura Dern

Kelly Marie Tran

Where the F*CK is Billy Dee Williams? Give the guy a cameo, at least.

FAIL!

The Force Awakens started with the bad guys, so I imagine they're going to continue taking after the OT in that manner.

I think the only thing we can really take away from this clip is that they're revisiting the same location, which we already knew.

Other than that, even if that shot is in the film, which I doubt, all it shows is that there's a similar shot in Episode VIII as the ending of Episode VII.

Guest El Chalupacabra

I think the only thing we can really take away from this clip is that they're revisiting the same location, which we already knew.

Other than that, even if that shot is in the film, which I doubt, all it shows is that there's a similar shot in Episode VIII as the ending of Episode VII.

I seem to remember some of VIII was said to be shot there while shooting VII and remember hearing about how Mark Hammil almost fell off a cliff or something to that effect. Maybe that was what we were seeing.

But again, the REAL STORY here is why isn't Billy Dee Williams on that list of cast members? I am being serious about this.

I know they are trying to pass the torch and make these films more about the younger generation, but I would be satisfied if they just had a short cameo of Lando involved in a Resistance meeting as a General with Leia and other Resistance top brass, planning an attack on the First Order, with a throw away line something like him saying that since Han was killed, he came out of retirement to fight the First Order.

I really want to know why they are leaving Lando out of it. This is a HUGE omission. This really bothers me.

That's not as bad as Amos and Andrew, the one where the shark magically saw him outside the water despite the fact they need water vibrations to locate prey ... one of the dumbest cinematic deaths ever, Snakes on a Plane, the last couple Tarentino movies he was in, ... I could go on. He's the new Christopher Walken for doing anything.

I kinda like it. Seems like he just likes making movies. He never comes across as being super greedy or anything, so if a project seems even marginally fun, I feel like he'll do it.

For the record, he doesn't just do anything. He will do things that meet his quote up front without balking. You pay, he plays. Unless your name is Tarrantino. If it is, he's in regardless.

They shot parts of Episode VIII at Skellig Michael in September (since they wouldn't be able to film there in February). That's when Mark Hamill was seen pulling pints at a pub in Ireland. He also denies nearly dying there, for what it's worth.

Yeah-- thats what I was referring to.

The overall quality of the shots doesn't as nice as they did in TFA-- so I think this was from a BHS camera, or was just a quick set-up shot just for this promo.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.