New Star Wars open-world RPG from Bioware/Visceral? Yes please

Odine

If this article is anything to go by then perhaps all my gamer wet dreams are coming true.

http://geeknation.com/ea-visceral-to-produce-open-world-rpg-star-wars-game/

Visceral posted an ad for staff to work on this upcoming project.. so who know when it may be coming but I cant ****ing wait.

I would really love BioWare to be involved in this.. but who knows. Heres hoping. The whole time I was playing Dragon Age Inquisition I was wishing it was Star Wars, as it felt A LOT like KOTOR.

Please gods let this be true.

EDIT: I have no idea where I pulled the BioWare bit from.. probably cause they are published often by EA. But the Visceral part is legit.

EA got the Star Wars license. Dice, Bioware and Visceral are all owned by EA. The more exciting part about this is that they got Amy Hennig to head this game up. Now you probably don't know who that is, but she is the creator of Uncharted and wrote the first 3 games in that series. The games are fantastic, so if she is leading this team, then it's in great hands.

I can't decide what would be better - Mass Effect style with squadmates and a more linear main story that encourages most side quests to be completed first, or more like Skyrim/Oblivion where you are on your own with optional companions and a main quest and side quests that are independent of one another and are able to be completed in any order.

Or maybe a mix of the two?

I can't decide what would be better - Mass Effect style with squadmates and a more linear main story that encourages most side quests to be completed first, or more like Skyrim/Oblivion where you are on your own with optional companions and a main quest and side quests that are independent of one another and are able to be completed in any order.

Which of those two are closer to Fable? Because I've loved the shit out of that one.

Guest El Chalupacabra

If I could get a Mass Effect style RPG experience in a Battlefront action engine set in the Star wars universe I'd die happy.

Totally.

I'd like the Skyrim model, because even though there is that Bioware connection between KOTOR and Mass Effect (which I also like, BTW), I like the idea of things being a little more free roaming and it doesn't matter what order you complete the quest. But I also like how your choices in Mass Effect affect the outcome not just in that game, but also the sequels. So yeah, mix of the two.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.