The Ren getting PWNED problem

Metropolis

Where the hell did Rey learn that accent if she's lukes daughter. From the aliens on Jakku. She wasn't that youngcwhen she was abandoned. Also, why the hell would luke abandon her?

You guys just want her to be a Skywalker because we still haven't gotten the cousin connection and u want Rey and kyli the cousins fighting. One family screwing up the whole Galaxy with all their crap

Where the hell did Rey learn that accent if she's lukes daughter. From the aliens on Jakku. She wasn't that youngcwhen she was abandoned. Also, why the hell would luke abandon her?

You guys just want her to be a Skywalker because we still haven't gotten the cousin connection and u want Rey and kyli the cousins fighting. One family screwing up the whole Galaxy with all their crap

I was in London for a month last year. In 3 weeks I was using different words and vernacular-- I could feel an accent about to form. It does not take long. I have a fiend raised in the UK and has lived her for 20 years. She sounds Californian until she drinks a little and the British comes out.

If you think accents are genetic, you need to go back to school.

Plus I'm sticking tight to my vow of celibacy theory. Jedi don't have sex. Last time it happened was with Anakin and he was a very bad Jedi. Luke is going BACK to how it was. Typical 1970s good boy. Like Martin Scorsese who wanted to be a priest. Jedi are like priests

The celibacy theory didn't exist until AOTC. There was nothing in the Star Wars mythos that indicated it before. In the EU post TPM some Jedi had families. While it may have been entered into the canon (because like everything else Lucas took the easiest way possible to sell a point, in this case "forbidden love") it is not as ever present as you say.

In fact, there is far more evidence that Luke took his own path than followed the example of the Republic Era Jedi.

Damn I just have PT Canon ingrained in my mind. I can't see the OT without it following the path of the first three. I find it funny though how you'll take Jedi having families in the EU over PT Canon.

Also you didn't read what I said. I asked if Rey is lukes daughter where did she LEARN that accent? And why do u think Luke would abandon her?

As far as I am concerned, the OT is the only canon. Banishing the EU and TFA being all OT all the time helped me finally start to ignore the PT in my head canon. As such, there's no reason that Jedi can't have children.

How did Rey get the accent? She picked it up on Jakku. Just because we didn't see her speaking to somebody with an accent and living as a hermit that doesn't mean it was always that way.

Accents were kept in mind because they made the decision to have John Boyega speak with an American accent.

As for her connection to Luke-- there's an entire thread full of reasoning here:

http://nightly.net/topic/78523-is-rey-the-daughter-of-luke-tfa-spoilers/

Clearly star wars is bigger than a small group of ppls perception of it. If Luke having a British daughter doesn't work for me then it doesn't work for me.

Again-- you're on crack if you think accents are genetic and not environmental. But playing your game-- what if Luke's dead wife has an accent?

I agree with what Driver is saying on this, but I will say this. You can't just establish your own personal Head Canon and then use that to refute what someone living by the real canon is saying. Life doesn't work that way.

Having said that, even including the PT in canon I still don't think Luke is automatically celibate.

Jedi were NOT celibate. Lucas said so himself. Attachment was forbidden, not sex. If you're gonna recite PT canon, at least get it right.

Luke never denied himself attachment, even after he was training to be a Jedi. His attachment to Vader was what saved Anakin Skywalker. Why on Earth would he go back to the old Jedi ideals after he proved them wrong?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.