The Ren getting PWNED problem

Metropolis

I skimmed through this. Did anyone state that Kylo got shot with a ****ing laser beam to the torso that just an hour earlier in the film was shown to take out like a dozen stormtroopers? I am no expert in sword fighting, but the torso seems like a pretty key part of the equation.

I play soccer. I played soccer in college. I am pretty good at soccer. In October I strained a ligament in my toe. I could barely walk for nearly a month. Even if you never played soccer, you could probably beat me during that time.

I skimmed through this. Did anyone state that Kylo got shot with a ****ing laser beam to the torso that just an hour earlier in the film was shown to take out like a dozen stormtroopers? I am no expert in sword fighting, but the torso seems like a pretty key part of the equation.

I play soccer. I played soccer in college. I am pretty good at soccer. In October I strained a ligament in my toe. I could barely walk for nearly a month. Even if you never played soccer, you could probably beat me during that time.

It was stated here and in other threads. It was suppose to be a factor. It just never came off that way. He winced once during his fight with Finn. Pounds on the wound and owns him after that save Finn's one lucky shot. He never favors it during his fight with Rey. And had the fight won. He just let up.

It's super simple: every generation of Skywalker is more powerful than the last. If people stop using Luke as a benchmark to power, Rey makes perfect sense. You just have to recognize she has the potential to be more powerful than him.

Each Skywalker, in their trilogy, is the new bestest Jedi.

You're writing for what is not in TFA. Right now, Rey is no Skywalker, and technically, Luke was not more powerful than Anakin/Vader, thanks to GL's retcon that losing limbs affects Force access/power...that shit makes no sense, but whatever.

At this moment in time, Rey is just someone who was never trained, and defeats a man who was. Oh, and about using Luke as a benchmark, he's the archetype of Force training/ use in the series, as we were able to see how one goes from no skill/awareness to knighthood. In other words, more information on how it works--its not so much about his power, but on how one grows.

Right-- but this is also why I say that it's too soon to pass judgement. While normally I would cut a movie down for not answering its own mysteries, Star Wars is one of the few exceptions to the rule since they are designed as trilogies. Right now, it seems like Rey is a Skywalker so it makes sense. They could go in another direction and it might turn to poop-- hard to pre-judge.

As for Luke-- he WAS the archetype. You have to accept if new movies with new heroes are being made he's no longer the central focus. I know it's a hurdle-- but that's just the reality of it.

You're writing for what is not in TFA. Right now, Rey is no Skywalker, and technically, Luke was not more powerful than Anakin/Vader, thanks to GL's retcon that losing limbs affects Force access/power...that **** makes no sense, but whatever.

How did Lucas come up with that, anyways? It's measured as a concentration going by what Obi-Wan says in TPM. You pour some 2% milk on the floor...is it now less than 2%? o_O

Rey is a Skywalker and Sidious isn't Palpatine. You guys just jump to conclusions so it fits your theories and you can redirect the series in your own head to be a movie worth defending.

Rey can't be a Skywalker. First off she's British it would screw us up too much. And second, who's daughter is she? Lukes? Luke took a vow of celibacy. Hes the good boy, remember? Not like his father? Han got the girl while Luke went off and studied?

I used to think Rey was Han and Leuas estranged daughter, but when I heard her accent in the TV spots I just knew. I suppose I'm greatful for the little surprise about Kylo.

Rey is a Skywalker and Sidious isn't Palpatine. You guys just jump to conclusions so it fits your theories and you can redirect the series in your own head to be a movie worth defending.

Rey can't be a Skywalker. First off she's British it would screw us up too much. And second, who's daughter is she? Lukes? Luke took a vow of celibacy. Hes the good boy, remember? Not like his father? Han got the girl while Luke went off and studied?

I used to think Rey was Han and Leuas estranged daughter, but when I heard her accent in the TV spots I just knew. I suppose I'm greatful for the little surprise about Kylo.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.