Black Holes

RamonAtila

has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Welp, Jacob has stroked out.

Just until he finds out if he's shooting blanks. Can't afford another pregnancy!

• 3 weeks later...

And don't forget there's dark matter, or the unknown nothing outside the universe at it expands (or is the dark matter pulling it?) So there's three kinds of nothings.

You are thinking of dark energy, dark matter is the thing that keeps galaxies from flying apart. I personally think that "dark energy" and "dark matter" are both signs that physicists are missing something really important about gravity. Observations don't match predictions, so they invented a bunch of crap to account for it.

Guest El Chalupacabra

When observations don't match predictions of course we invent a lot of crap. It's a proven method. That's how the neutrino was discovered.

And wasn't that how Eris was theorized before actually being discovered, as well?

When observations don't match predictions of course we invent a lot of crap. It's a proven method. That's how the neutrino was discovered.

The nuetrino is different. They predicted specific characteristics about the particle they were looking for based on a well developed and tested theory.

This is like Vulcan. They had to come up with some reason Mercury didn't act how it should so they made up a planet. Later they discovered that gravity simply didn't work how they thought it did.

The nuetrino is different. They predicted specific characteristics about the particle they were looking for based on a well developed and tested theory.

This is like Vulcan. They had to come up with some reason Mercury didn't act how it should so they made up a planet. Later they discovered that gravity simply didn't work how they thought it did.

Vulcan was a perfectly logical hypothesis based on prevailing theories and data. The neutrino was a saving throw for the law of conservation of energy. Dark matter is a label for something (or multiple somethings, perhaps) that are definitely gravitationally interacting with luminous matter in this universe. If you dislike the prevailing ideas in science, feel free to submit your own rather than just sh1tting on the current ones. It's more fun that way.

I "submit" my own ideas all the time, around a fire pit over a beer with friends. I learned long ago that this is not the right kind of forum for that. It quickly turns into a bunch of D-bags trying to prove they are smarter than the other D-bags. I don't like being one of the D-bags.

Also, skepticism isn't shi11ing on their ideas. Skepticism is a prerequisite for the scientific method.

My only point was that I believe the solution to this problem will be more like General Relativity and less like Vulcan.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.