DC to relaunch...again!

CoLA

Because you can never have enough #1's of the same comic in your collection!

http://www.monkeysfightingrobots.com/dc-comics-to-relaunch-in-june-to-align-with-movie-universe/

DC Comics relaunched their universe in 2011 with 52 titles starting over at issue one. This concept was met with mixed reaction to put it mildly as it turned the Universe on its head, reinventing classic characters and eliminating others.

Now it appears a reboot is coming this summer to align with the DC Comics Cinematic Universe.

Bleeding Cool is reporting that the relaunch will happen in June and the new line of books will be dominated with Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and Harley Quinn/Suicide Squad-related titles. All books tied to film and/or TV show like Flash and Green Arrow will survive the relaunch, other might not fair so well.

DC Comics is not calling this a reboot or relaunch, its a rebirth according to Dan Didio, DC Comics Co-Publisher.

I like how the new wave of titles will be mostly Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and Harley Quinn...so no actual change, I guess? ;D

• 3 weeks later...

I like how the new wave of titles will be mostly Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and Harley Quinn...so no actual change, I guess? ;D

Meaning fewer quirky, risky outliers like Prez or Bizarro that appeal to us internet niches but generate zero merchandise or transmedia licensing inquiries. Sadly.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.