Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

DC to relaunch...again!

6 replies to this topic

CoLA

CoLA

Zero Calories

• Members
  • 641 posts
Because you can never have enough #1's of the same comic in your collection!

http://www.monkeysfi...movie-universe/

DC Comics relaunched their universe in 2011 with 52 titles starting over at issue one. This concept was met with mixed reaction to put it mildly as it turned the Universe on its head, reinventing classic characters and eliminating others.

Now it appears a reboot is coming this summer to align with the DC Comics Cinematic Universe.

Bleeding Cool is reporting that the relaunch will happen in June and the new line of books will be dominated with Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and Harley Quinn/Suicide Squad-related titles. All books tied to film and/or TV show like Flash and Green Arrow will survive the relaunch, other might not fair so well.

DC Comics is not calling this a reboot or relaunch, its a rebirth according to Dan Didio, DC Comics Co-Publisher.

I like how the new wave of titles will be mostly Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and Harley Quinn...so no actual change, I guess? ;D

Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl

The Feathered Serpent

• 3,283 posts

Please tell me they're not going to screw around with continuity again.

ShadowDog

ShadowDog

Supra-Awesome Badass PIE Pimp

• 42,592 posts
DENIED!!

Driver

Driver

Tank

• Supporters
  • 6,591 posts
Of course they're going to screw with continuity. DCs continuity is screwing with continuity.

Edited by Driver, 27 January 2016 - 06:02 PM.

• Ryn and Obsidian +1 this

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

• Supporters
  • 8,419 posts

Is DC on the 3 year plan now?

NumberSix

NumberSix

Content Provider Emeritus

• 29,733 posts

I like how the new wave of titles will be mostly Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and Harley Quinn...so no actual change, I guess? ;D

Meaning fewer quirky, risky outliers like Prez or Bizarro that appeal to us internet niches but generate zero merchandise or transmedia licensing inquiries.  Sadly.

• Ryn +1 this

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,732 posts

Man, Bizarro was great.

Reply to this topic