Legends of Tomorrow.

ShadowDog

His coat reminded me of Tennants' Who, too!

I thought it was okay. I'll stick with it since I figure it should get better over time. I think they should have saved the reveal that all of them are barely remembered in the future for later in the season. Just seemed like they found that out too fast.

I... dunno. I yelled at the tv a lot.

Granted, any show on the CW makes me yell at my TV a lot.

The main yell was why Eobard Thawne uses Speed Force to time travel when he probably has access to a GIANT ****ing TIME TRAVELLING SHIP.

The second is that 150 years is not eons or ages or anything like that. It would be like us travelling back to the Civil War. A few generations removed, yes. Ages and ages, lol nope. Stop acting like this is ****ing Ancient Egypt.

Speaking of ****ing Ancient Egypt, why the hell are you not using your GIANT ****ing TIME TRAVELLING SHIP to go back to a point before our friendzoned villain went all immortal? Why dick around with ANY OTHER POINT IN HISTORY?

And finally, could our heroes be any more stupid? Just, in general.

I may hate watch for awhile, and see if it gets better.

Eobard Thawne probably doesn't have access to GIANT ****ing TIME TRAVELLING SHIPs. He is a criminal. And even certified, bona fide Time Agents (or whatever they're called), can't usually use them if the Time Council doesn't want them to.

Once you commit to changing the timeline, you have to decide how much is too much. Going all the way back to Ancient Egypt to stop Vandal Savage may produce too many unintended consequences.

Eobard Thawne probably doesn't have access to GIANT ****ing TIME TRAVELLING SHIPs. He is a criminal.

Gideon calls him "Professor Thawne," and he told Eddie that he's a very well respected scientist and highfalutin' legacy member of future society. He probably owns the lab that produces the things, or can buy it.

Even if he didn't - he's ruthless. If Rufus can steal one, so can Reverse Flash with his Speed Force and daddy's connections. Makes more sense than running out of gas 165 years in the past.

Regarding Vandal Savage, considering his influence on all of history, killing him at any point would have consequences. Considering his role in history, they'd probably be pretty good consequences.

I agree with all your complaints Icy except the time ship one. He doesn't need a ship he has the Speed Force. Its like saying "why not steal a passenger plane to get to France even though you have your own private jet?" Even if you could get away with stealing the passenger plane, it's a hell of a lot easier to just use what you already have.

Don't forget, not having access to the Speed Force in our current time period is something he didn't anticipate ahead of time. He only realized that after he got here.

Don't forget, not having access to the Speed Force in our current time period is something he didn't anticipate ahead of time. He only realized that after he got here.

Because he's a dumbass and should have built/bought/stolen a time ship thing. If he's as smart as he claims to be, he should have weighed all options and acted accordingly. We know Zoom can steal Speed Force. We know it takes an ass-ton of Speed Force to travel in time. Logically, it's expendable and finite. And considering he purposefully created himself as a speedster, not to mention that he did a test run where he would have been stuck if it weren't for Mercury Labs and Barry (as we saw in this week's episode), I would think he would know that better than anyone at the time he went back to kill Barry/his mom. Why not use something reliable?

If James Moriarty can be a professor and a criminal, so can Eobard Thawne.

I never said he wasn't a criminal. I'm saying he doesn't need to steal anything if he owns it or if people trust him enough to give it to him, criminal or not.

And that if he does want to steal it, he has way more resources than anyone else to do so, including whatever Arthur Darvill's character's name is, who successfully stole one.

I feel you but it's not LoT's reponsibility to cover the mistakes made by a previous show. Thrawne's tardness had already been established as canon by the time this show was greenlit.

Now if theories are correct and they run across him at some point maybe this will be addressed.

Yeah, agreed, that had nothing to do with LoT, and everything to do with The Flash. It wouldn't have been so bad if they hadn't re-aired the pilot of LoT literally right after the episode of The Flash where they bring Eobard Thawne back AND address both the limitations of the Speed Force and the pros and cons of using it for time travel. It also wouldn't have been so bad if Thawne wasn't from the same time as Arthur Darvill's character. If the ship came from, say 100 years after Thawne, that would have made more sense.

Hell, thinking about it more... what does the Time Council think of Thawne, anyway? I don't think I'd want to go back and face their wrath if I was Thawne,

and had massively dicked with the past by taking over the body and work of a really freaking prominent and influential scientist, not to mention having created The Flash and every other metahuman.

And yet, he happily traipsed back to his time... either his ego is THAT big that he thinks he's beyond reproach, or he's ****ing suicidal.

• 1 month later...

Other sites are indicating season 1 is 14 episodes. If so, we've got a while to go yet.

Agreed about last week's, though. Other than those great ending fight scenes, I struggled to pay it any real attention. Taking an obscure centuries-ago hero like the Black Pirate and turning him into a time-travel villain was maybe their most bizarre DC back-catalog choice yet, but I wouldn't call it inspired.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.