Alien: Covenant

Pong Messiah

Alien is about as close to a perfect film as I've ever seen. Given Ridley Scott's highs and lows over the last three decades -- as well as the fact that he's wavered between shrugging off and loving H.R. Giger's biomechanical masterpiece -- I'm simultaneously nervous and hopeful for the release of Alien: Covenant.

I'll say this: Scott seems engaged!

The Alien franchise completely lost me awhile back. And, while it would have been awesome to bring in a 20-year-old Newt back in the 90s and what SHOULD have been done from the start, today it's feeling a bit pathetic.

If they wanted to kick Alien: Resurrection to the curb, I could be cool with that (not that it's really necessary given it takes hundreds of years after the other movies), but Alien 3 wasn't so horrible that it deserves to be written out of existence.

The Alien franchise completely lost me awhile back. And, while it would have been awesome to bring in a 20-year-old Newt back in the 90s and what SHOULD have been done from the start, today it's feeling a bit pathetic.

If they wanted to kick Alien: Resurrection to the curb, I could be cool with that (not that it's really necessary given it takes hundreds of years after the other movies), but Alien 3 wasn't so horrible that it deserves to be written out of existence.

Share your thoughts:

http://nightly.net/topic/78176-the-alien-quadrilogy/?hl=alien

Scott seems to change his mind every other week about whether or not the movie is one, or a trilogy, an Alien movie, or a Prometheus sequel, or how long it is or what it's rated.

Sounds like another director famous for science fiction and indecisiveness.......

I'm not sure why he's doing this at all. I mean, this is Ridley Scott we're talking about. Granted, until The Martian he'd been in a slump, but I can think of a lot more interesting things for him to do than make taking an off the rails franchise and giving it new and more complex lore.

Honestly, I don't need to know where the Xenomorphs came from any more than I would want a whole set of movies explaining why Jaws kept going to that beach. I really just don't care. It's the monster of a horror movie. The background's interesting for Wiki and such and the mystery is pretty cool for the mood of the movie. Leave it there.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.