"Snoke is using you for your power. When he gets what he wants, he'll crush you."

Exodus

Guest El Chalupacabra

Well, Snoke is probably at least as old as Luke, but he may not necessarily be ancient. I think his appearance could just as easily be scars. The First Order has pretty young leaders at the top: Ren, Hux, Phasma are all 30 somethings. Snoke could be in his 50s or 60s. Plus, he is an alien, so who knows how he ages? Also being a Not-Sith, he could have been part of a dark side order (assuming the order he is from isn't the Knights of Ren) that was in hiding during Palpatine's reign, so if Snoke is very old to ancient, that could be explanation enough.

It's a temple. People get buried there. He's standing directly in front of what appears to be a tombstone facing a scenic outlook over the ocean. Why can't someone be buried there?

The last shot of the movie is a sweeping aerial view. It shows how close that rock is to the cliff, and that there is a slight overhang. Other than that spot having to be solid rock, there might be room to bury your hamster.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Old Jedi order dropout? Couldn't hack Padawan training? Or one of the Lost 12?

Good point. Snoke could just as easily be a hold over from the old republic Jedi Order, who left the order. As good an explanation as any.

The only thing that might make it unlikely is that this development would tie the ST to the PT, and I think Kasdan and JJ Abrams don't want to do that.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Oh, it wouldn't bother me a bit if Snoke was a former old republic jedi, gone darkside. I am just saying that it seems to me that Abrams has tried to tie the ST to the OT, and distance it from the PT. The Obi Wan voice tie in is a big one for sure, and so is the "Snoke is considering a clone army" line.

I think Snoke simply wants all the Jedi gone, and is using Ren to do that, his last mission being finding and killing Luke. Once that happens Snoke will destroy Ren, leaving him as the last force user in the galaxy.

I think there are hints that Snoke is not what he appears. Leia and Han hinted that there is more there. Leia said he wanted Ben to train with Luke, but does that mean he didn't? Did he train with Snoke instead? Was Snoke the "kid" who betrayed Luke or was it Ren? That was all left wide open and I don't think that was accident.

Guest madddox

slightly off topic

but the name "snoke" still doesnt sound right. it feels so comical, not at all menacing, but maybe thats what they were going for?

hearing leia say "snoke" just makes me laugh, it doesn't in the least bit menacing or sinister or evil.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.