Rey theory time.

Darth Palpatine

Just throwing crap at the wall on this one.

I really don't think that Rey is going to be Luke's kid unless he never knew he had one in the first place. Plus I think there were purposely a lot of hints to connect her to Luke, Han, and Obi Wan. I think that was done on purpose.

What if Padme faked her death for the same reasons the twins were hidden? She used decoys before, maybe she faked her death and went to Alderaan to act as a nanny or something to stay near Leia. Could help fill a few holes. During that time she remarried and had another child, the Father being Lor Sen Tekka. Rey is Padme and Lor Sen Tekka's granddaughter. Blood to Luke and Leia, just not Skywalker. She would represent the blood line of Luke, Leia, and Ben Solo, without having Skywalker in her.

Faking her death would have made sense before they did ROTS, but it doesn't fit with the story as presented. She was already safe and hidden, the only purpose in somehow getting a droid to lie to everyone would be if she wanted to escape from her involvement with Obi-Wan, Organa and her children. Which, yeah, the storyline was horribly done and for that alone George should never be allowed near paper lest he write again, but for her to try to skip out on those people is even worse.

Faking her death would have made sense before they did ROTS, but it doesn't fit with the story as presented. She was already safe and hidden, the only purpose in somehow getting a droid to lie to everyone would be if she wanted to escape from her involvement with Obi-Wan, Organa and her children. Which, yeah, the storyline was horribly done and for that alone George should never be allowed near paper lest he write again, but for her to try to skip out on those people is even worse.

But. Given that Anakin threw everything away to save her, if he thought she was alive he would search the galaxy to find her. Anakin only knew she was having one child, and Obi Wan set it up so Padme died before giving birth, it was faked that she was still pregnant during her funeral. So he faked the child's death. Leak that she died before giving birth so Anakin won't come looking for either his kid or Padme.

She has a history of using decoys, pretending to be someone other than herself. And yes, I think that's much better than her just giving up on life. That never sat well with me anyway. They spend three movies establishing that she is a strong woman, then you just have her give up on life after having twins. Doesn't make sense.

Since I have been wrong on 100% of my theories, I don't expect this to be correct either. Just having some fun theorizing the story.

Just throwing crap at the wall on this one.

I really don't think that Rey is going to be Luke's kid unless he never knew he had one in the first place. Plus I think there were purposely a lot of hints to connect her to Luke, Han, and Obi Wan. I think that was done on purpose.

I think it was done on purpose as well:

a). To add suspense between movies to afford multiple plausible Possibilities.

b). To grant enough freedom to possibly change their mind down the road based on fan reactions.

Me personally, I like the symmetry that goes along with Rey being Luke's daughter and granddaughter to Vader:

-Rey is the daughter of Vader's son. Kylo is the son of Vader's daughter.

-Rey represents Anakin, the lightside, prodigal force champion who feels the pull of the dark (ep8?). Kylo represents Vader, the darkside, failed hero who feels the pull of the light.

During that time she remarried and had another child, the Father being Lor Sen Tekka. Rey is Padme and Lor Sen Tekka's granddaughter. Blood to Luke and Leia, just not Skywalker. She would represent the blood line of Luke, Leia, and Ben Solo, without having Skywalker in her.

Another huge hole would be that Padme had no Force talent that I'm aware of. Even if Rey were somehow Luke and Leia's niece via an unknown half-sibling, she wouldn't be the heir to any Force abilities. Considering she seems to be much more talented than a Skywalker, that'd be an enormous coincidence.

Could help fill a few holes.

To contain those words in conjunction in a post about a character played by Natalie Portman, you almost lost me here.

But then this guy said...

Me personally, I like the symmetry that goes along with Rey being Luke's daughter and granddaughter to Vader:

-Rey is the daughter of Vader's son. Kylo is the son of Vader's daughter.

-Rey represents Anakin, the lightside, prodigal force champion who feels the pull of the dark (ep8?). Kylo represents Vader, the darkside, failed hero who feels the pull of the light.

You just nailed the whole damn thing. This post perfectly explains Rey and Kylo Ren.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.